And now for something completely different | GTAMotorcycle.com

And now for something completely different

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Never done this before.I'm off to Hamilton to give my daughter my 1976 TY175. No point in it being in my garage anymore.She rides it,she can have it.We'll go to the mot to get the ownership changed.Can't wait to see her face.
UZUoWom.jpg

Lucky girl. When it came to motorcycles, all my dad ever gave me was grief...
Its an asian thing.

Get so jealous when I see white guys and their dads riding together.

Its an asian thing.

Get so jealous when I see white guys and their dads riding together.

Lol I'm Asian (parents from Hong Kong) and have a family of 4. We all ride and always do a first ride of the season together. But I agree, my family doesn't really follow traditional Asian stereotypes.

I just think immigrant parents/families are crazy/overbearing/domineering
Why cant they be normal like white families? I always see them riding/fishing/hunting together.

The dude I sold my SV to brought his dad to come and buy the bike FOR HIM!
They were going to ride together...

I just think immigrant parents/families are crazy/overbearing/domineering
Why cant they be normal like white families? I always see them riding/fishing/hunting together.

The dude I sold my SV to brought his dad to come and buy the bike FOR HIM!
They were going to ride together...
Because distraction from motorcycles (or anything fun in general) leads to:

1) not studying hard in high school to get into good university.
2) not studying hard in university to become a doctor, engineer, lawyer, etc.
3) not acting mature to advance in career
4) not being able to find someone nice to marry
5) not being able to buy a big house
And so on....

My experience is limited to having an Asian mother, but the nagging continues on and on...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Because distraction from motorcycles (or anything fun in general) leads to:

1) not studying hard in high school to get into good university.
2) not studying hard in university to become a doctor, engineer, lawyer, etc.
3) not acting mature to advance in career
4) not being able to find someone nice to marry
5) not being able to buy a big house
And so on....

My experience is limited to having an Asian mother, but the nagging continues on and on...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Law school is for kids who couldnt get into med school or engineering.

Who said white families are normal? Define normal?

The thing is that, everyone always looks at others and "wants" to be like them, or have it like them. They always assume that they have it better without really knowing what it really is like living in their shoes.

Similar thing to going to another city/country and being intrigued by it and often saying "I wish I could live here".

I think we often become used to what we have and it is not fun anymore, becomes boring and want something different. Without really knowing if the different is really better.

BTW.
White here. Immigrant from Europe.
My mom was not really on board with me getting a motorcycle at the age of 21.

When I brought up the subject, I was given the traditional Eastern European one liner
"As long as you are living under my roof, I will decide what you can or cannot do......"

But than I asked my dad. "Dad what do you think of the idea?"
Dad: "I'm OK with it, I think that's it OK."

2 weeks later I had a bike in their garage.

No my dad is not a typical motorcycle enthusiast. He used to ride one back home, but I think that was more from an economical/practical perspective as it was easier to own a motorcycle than a car.

Yeah, big difference between ethnic white and what @Joe Bass would call Mangia-Cake white.

I grew up in Scarborough, my class had a lot of white kids, but Polish, Romanian, Greek, Italian. None of our box lunches were the typical white-bread sandwiches. And all of our families beat the crap out of us if we mouthed off or misbehaved. We had one Mangia-Cake white kid in class. We were all jealous that his parents never beat him.

I think he's in jail now.

Not saying it's related or anything.

Also not saying it's not NOT related...

Last edited:
^ lol
awesomeness
we call them Whiskey Tango

immigrant here too
although from what Harper refers to as an Old Stock ethnicity
grew up in Brampton, a bad part of Brampton
parents I don't think really knew I was alive
was left to my own devices and failures

2 best childhood friends were a Chinese kid and a Black British kid
Charles ended up being a doctor
Wesley traded his football skills for a law degree, and was in the CFL for a bit

most of the Mangia Cake kids dropped out of HS ended up doing time

Last edited:
Yeah, big difference between ethnic white and what @Joe Bass would call Mangia-Cake white.

I grew up in Scarborough, my class had a lot of white kids, but Polish, Romanian, Greek, Italian. None of our box lunches were the typical white-bread sandwiches. And all of our families beat the crap out of us if we mouthed off or misbehaved. We had one Mangia-Cake white kid in class. We were all jealous that his parents never beat him.

I think he's in jail now.

Not saying it's related or anything.

Also not saying it's not NOT related...
You're right I was never beaten, never had my head shaved and didn't know what a bar of soap tasted like. I was only in jail one night, never charged.

I grew up escaping the popo while riding thru business parks and new housing developments in North Scarboro on a Rupp Roadster in a small MC club called the Oilers (2 rupps and 3 Z50s). I got that bike at 12, a crashed Rupp Roadster that cost me 5 weekends of cleaning up the yard.

I promise to behave and not talk back.
I Promise to clean my room and make my bed
I promise to cut the lawn
I promise to rake the leaves
I promise to shovel the snow

Please can I have your other bike

Let see who can be a better son :unsure: ;)

there's a reason guys like Jordan peterson are so popular now days...

A lot of dads not around, even when they are, they're so busy putting food on the table, they might as well not be around.

Back
Top Bottom