And In Other BMW News….. | GTAMotorcycle.com

And In Other BMW News…..

Hardwrkr13

Site Supporter
My season ended early when my S1000XR got hit yesterday. Turning left was hit from behind striking the left passenger peg pushing it into the swingarm breaking those welds and twisting that rail (dent/twist above rear bolt). Bike tossed on the right side and slid scratching up/breaking all that sides bodywork, exhaust, etc.
Getting dropped off to GP soon and I assume the big question will be the subframe damage.
IMG_4837.jpeg
IMG_4836.jpeg
IMG_4835.jpeg

Hope you're ok yourself

I hope you're OK. It sounds like you're bent not broken but ligaments and other soft tissue can take a long time to heal.

It may take a few days for the injuries to show. Injured legs can cause embolisms much later.

Wow sorry to hear that! Glad you're alive and well enough to type with us.

Get Well Soon and take care of those injuries, they could take a few days to make themselves known.

Crap.
Glad to see that your are ok.

Happy shopping.

Glad to hear you're generally OK - hope your recovery is as speedy as that bike.

Was the collision with a car? Were they charged?

Yup, nagging minor headache and a jammed thumb but I'm fine otherwise. My new lid got scuffed up also so that's a bugger. Hopefully with subframe damage they'll write it off and I can go shopping but we'll see.

Glad you're well enough to tell your own story, and GWS. When my friend had his MT-09 written off in a rear-ender, insurance covered the replacement cost for all his gear as well as the bike and all accessories. I doubt the bike needs to be written off for them to do that.

Yup, nagging minor headache and a jammed thumb but I'm fine otherwise. My new lid got scuffed up also so that's a bugger. Hopefully with subframe damage they'll write it off and I can go shopping but we'll see.
You may not be shopping BMW's for a little while, stop sale on everything . GP has a great selection of bikes still.

Update: bike is a total loss. Time to go shopping! (I have no idea what I'm going to buy)
Had no idea and sorry to hear this - never a good thing and glad you are not hurt. That bike was a beaut.

Do I sense a newer Multistrada coming soon?

GWS. MV Agusta?

Frame damage?
Subframe and swingarm yes, main frame no. So many other scratched/damaged parts on top of those and the repair estimate was pretty much bang on what it was worth.
Had no idea and sorry to hear this - never a good thing and glad you are not hurt. That bike was a beaut.

Do I sense a newer Multistrada coming soon?
Considering it. Not sure yet.
GWS. MV Agusta?
Nah, no dealers close by either.

Back
Top Bottom