Amber alert | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Amber alert

Curious if anyone else has been booked by him? Handed out careless driving tickets for breakfast lunch and dinner.
Interesting...

Source?

I’m more curious as to the motive and reasoning behind it.

Shady dealing with a car shop?
Shady cop shenanigans?
Fired worker?

I hope there are a few details that will see the light of day to gather some insight into it.

Shady cop shenanigans?
Fired worker?

I hope there are a few details that will see the light of day to gather some insight into it.
I had this conversation with my neighbor tonight.

Too bad all these answers were not provided prior to the final shot.

I agree

But I am also referring to the media reporting.
Different media outlets had different versions of the story and how it all played out.

Today, on 680 News radio, when they mentioned it, they were focusing on the 2 people shot (TO Officer and Milton mechanic). Almost leaving out the fact the suspect was shot in Hamilton.

Yesterday (evening) one news article still mentioned that the suspect was in custody.

I mean, if he was shot by one of the 4 officer who allegedly shot at him, I don't think he was ever in custody. Unless he was shot while in custody. In which case the SIU will have to really think hard (and long) how to report its findings.

Yes I do think that the use of force was used correctly in this case.
A timely clean concise summary released by police (or siu) would help media report accurately. No need to publish the whole story on day one but little reason not to publish a timeline of known events and locations. Why and could things be done differently can come much later.

Shady cop shenanigans?
Fired worker?

I read the shooter was employed by mechanic for a couple months and it didn't work out and he was fired...not sure if true or not.

I don't like how the media is %90 focused on the cop being killed and maybe %10 on the mechanic. He was also a father and husband, but that doesn't get as many clicks on the news sites that they can report to their advertising department. Most of the condolence notices only mention the cop. Also not sure if I'm being insensitive or not, but Doug Ford called him a hero? For what I don't know...
Anyways I wish everyone affected can get through this difficult time.

I read the shooter was employed by mechanic for a couple months and it didn't work out and he was fired...not sure if true or not.

I don't like how the media is %90 focused on the cop being killed and maybe %10 on the mechanic. He was also a father and husband, but that doesn't get as many clicks on the news sites that they can report to their advertising department. Most of the condolence notices only mention the cop. Also not sure if I'm being insensitive or not, but Doug Ford called him a hero? For what I don't know...
Anyways I wish everyone affected can get through this difficult time.
I agree on the 90/10%....

However looking through some Milton FB groups it was mentioned that the family has requested privacy so that might have something to do with it.

I suppose all people with badges are hero's......

but Doug Ford called him a hero? For what I don't know...

There is a presumption that cops are heroes; which I agree with wholeheartedly, and this cop was killed because of what he did for a living.

The work he did as a cop was important to the safety of the communities he served and it undoubtly contributed to less accidents on the road. As a rider, I also rely on what cops do to prevent drunk driving and prolific driving offenders from being on the road. We all probably saw a drunk driver once before, and it's good that someone is out there to do something about it.

The same way it may feel silly to call a fire fighter a hero, and you would not really do that normally. If they were killed while on duty, they are defacto heroes because of what they did and how they died in my view.

Odd things happen. Many many years ago there was an unsettling shooting just outside of Ottawa and it seemed it wasn't safe to drive Highway 7.

A few years later I was talking to journalism student from Carleton and it turned out that she had, as a project, covered the trial of the shooter. Because the victim died and dead people can't be found guilty they had to be careful what was said in the media. However in the courtroom, reading between the lines, it sounded like the victim was involved in theft of auto parts and had possibly cheated the shooter.

I agree

But I am also referring to the media reporting.
Different media outlets had different versions of the story and how it all played out.

Today, on 680 News radio, when they mentioned it, they were focusing on the 2 people shot (TO Officer and Milton mechanic). Almost leaving out the fact the suspect was shot in Hamilton.

Yesterday (evening) one news article still mentioned that the suspect was in custody.

I mean, if he was shot by one of the 4 officer who allegedly shot at him, I don't think he was ever in custody. Unless he was shot while in custody. In which case the SIU will have to really think hard (and long) how to report its findings.

Yes I do think that the use of force was used correctly in this case.

They announced he was in custody to put people at ease after the alert.. while not wanting, or being allowed, to announce that he was shot during arrest.

I agree on the 90/10%....

However looking through some Milton FB groups it was mentioned that the family has requested privacy so that might have something to do with it.

I suppose all people with badges are hero's......
Anyone that dies in the duty / task of saving someone, or someone that gives their life to protect others is a hero in my mind.

While I agree the focus is on the officer, the family of the mechanic shop owner is also mourning.

There is no good story here…unless all involved were up to no good and are now all gone simultaneously.

Anyone that dies in the duty / task of saving someone, or someone that gives their life to protect others is a hero in my mind.

While I agree the focus is on the officer, the family of the mechanic shop owner is also mourning.

There is no good story here…unless all involved were up to no good and are now all gone simultaneously.
In the line of duty seems slightly off here. It sounds like the poor guy got targeted for his uniform but everything I have read had him eating lunch when he was assassinated without warning. Is that in the line of duty or not?

In the line of duty seems slightly off here. It sounds like the poor guy got targeted for his uniform but everything I have read had him eating lunch when he was assassinated without warning. Is that in the line of duty or not?
I read that he was in line to buy coffee.

Was it targeted or was it random which happened to be a police officer?

I would assume if he was training with other officers there would be more of them nearby, possibly even in the restaurant with him. Would be curious how shooter got away so easily.
Also, too many bad apples and abuses of power for me to paint the whole police force with the same brush of being a hero without knowing history of each individual officer. Too many with bad intentions. Firefighters, maybe, don't seem to hear about them as much in the news for doing corrupt things.

Also, too many bad apples and abuses of power for me to paint the whole police force with the same brush of being a hero without knowing history of each individual officer. Too many with bad intentions.

I’m sure Mike McCormick did some good things, aside from the racketeering operation in the Entertainment District.

I would assume if he was training with other officers there would be more of them nearby, possibly even in the restaurant with him. Would be curious how shooter got away so easily.
Also, too many bad apples and abuses of power for me to paint the whole police force with the same brush of being a hero without knowing history of each individual officer. Too many with bad intentions. Firefighters, maybe, don't seem to hear about them as much in the news for doing corrupt things.

There are good and bad in the FD as well but the opportunity to exploit things like HTA 172 are few. However other badboy behaviors aren't rare. As with most militaristic organizations covering up for the boss is part of the duties. I would love to post more but am restricted by a NDA.

One of the problems with police, fire and military is that while most are decent people there are bad apples. General self importance and hero persona hinders fixing the problem.

The timelime as I understand it is the officer was shot in Mississauga, then the shootings at the body shop in Milton followed by the finale in Hamilton. It almost sounds like a death wish run but what was the trigger?

A history of crime would make a normal life almost impossible. Hates cops, hates a former employer and wants to go out in a blaze. Done!

One of the problems with police, fire and military is that while most are decent people there are bad apples. General self importance and hero persona hinders fixing the problem.
And unions.

And unions.
‘Suspended with pay’ … more like fully paid vacation for being a bad apple and getting caught.

Clean house, and actually pull the pay back upon conviction (Ha!) and that May start the house cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom