Alpine Motosafe race | GTAMotorcycle.com

Alpine Motosafe race

RJ East

Ok so I'm a new guy, and I rode for a few hours last week and had ringing ears afterwards. I don't have any friends who ride, so I didn't know this was a thing.

I got "Alpine Motosafe race" earplugs and man, I gotta say: they really take the edge off. My bike is a 300, with stock exhaust and even so, the earplugs really are helpful. You can still hear relevant noises, which is important for me being new and city riding.

If you're on the fence about buying these I'd give it a go.

Earplugs are a great idea. All earplugs let you hear what is going on around you as they reduce everything almost equally so you still have the same noises just quieter. The exception is if you are playing music on the quiet side of the plug (IEM's) in which case you are somewhere between less aware and completely oblivious to noises around you. There are ways to mitigate that with microphones piping some outside noise in at a reduced level or keeping the music relatively low.

$30 for silicone pine trees is pretty steep but if you're happy with them not a bad deal as hearing loss sucks.

If your 300 has a stock exhaust, I'd be looking at your helmet if your ears are ringing after a ride. Are you wearing a brain bucket or open-face? Switch to a full-face for quieter wind noise and better protection.

Earplugs are a great idea. All earplugs let you hear what is going on around you as they reduce everything almost equally so you still have the same noises just quieter. The exception is if you are playing music on the quiet side of the plug (IEM's) in which case you are somewhere between less aware and completely oblivious to noises around you. There are ways to mitigate that with microphones piping some outside noise in at a reduced level or keeping the music relatively low.

$30 for silicone pine trees is pretty steep but if you're happy with them not a bad deal as hearing loss sucks.
Silicone pine trees. Love it! I have some generic ones that I'll use as a comparison to the alpine ones. I liked being able to stop for coffee and not having to remove the alpine ones to interact. Although perhaps that's the case with generic ones too.

If your 300 has a stock exhaust, I'd be looking at your helmet if your ears are ringing after a ride. Are you wearing a brain bucket or open-face? Switch to a full-face for quieter wind noise and better protection.
Hmm ya I have a full face but it's on the budget end of the spectrum. (HJC i10). Good point about investing in a different helmet for noise reduction.

Hmm ya I have a full face but it's on the budget end of the spectrum. (HJC i10). Good point about investing in a different helmet for noise reduction.
No helmet made is quiet enough not to need earplugs, that all are all loud enough to cause hearing damage at speed. It's not the exhaust it's the wind noise.

Sent from the future

No helmet made is quiet enough not to need earplugs, that all are all loud enough to cause hearing damage at speed. It's not the exhaust it's the wind noise.

Sent from the future
Truth!

Back
Top Bottom