Almost a total Noob | GTAMotorcycle.com

Almost a total Noob

cknowles

Hi All,
Looks like introductions is a great place to start on this forum. ;)

My wife and I used to ride as a teenagers and both quit riding after each having a crash. (This was years before we met)
I have wanted to get back onto the saddle for a long time.
Since it's been over 30 years I consider myself to be a brand new rider. Just as well since the province and my insurance company
believe that's what I am anyway!

We both took the riding course through Sheridan at the beginning of August and have a 2003 Yamaha Virago (250cc)
that we are sharing as we learn/re-learn to ride. I must say that taking the riding course was the best move for us, as well is starting
with a light weight bike that offers few surprises.

I've been reading through the posts here and it looks like a great place to hang out. Thanks for reading.

Chris

New-Bike.jpg

Last edited:
It's a 1974 Gibson J-45, sweet guitar.
I build and repair guitars as a hobby. Always have about a dozen or so in my collection....

Welcome back, my hiatus was almost as long as yours. I am thoroughly enjoying myself now and i am sure you will too. Safe riding !

Welcome! There's a shortage of guitar playing riders around here!

I think all drivers should have to take the M1 course, even those just persuing their G permits.

You'll need a toyhauler trailer next!

Nice bike.
I think it's kinda cute that you share a bike as a couple.

Welcome and ride safe!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Scudzo_2 I've been playing guitar for over 38 years, it's really in my blood and borders on obsession from time to time.

I agree, I notice I'm a lot more aware while in the cage than I was before, and I've always watched for bikes and cyclists.

My wife wants a motorhome next so I suggested a nice bike trailer to follow. My issue with a motorhome has always been that whenever you need to go to town you have to break camp. With bikes along we won't have to, so my resistance is gone. ;)

jeero It get's worse, we have matching helmets and jackets! LOL

Chris

jeero It get's worse, we have matching helmets and jackets! LOL

Oh dear God lmao. I think that's going a smidge too far. :lmao:

Welcome, nice riding roads in the Port Hope area!

I want a motorhome Too. One with a tailgate ramp that you can ride the bikes in.

I'm new to riding and this site too, but I'm welcoming you anyways. Lol Glad to see you get back on the 'horse' and riding again... Safe journeys!

welcome.

Back
Top Bottom