Almost a bad week. Hot pavent not your friend. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Almost a bad week. Hot pavent not your friend.

GVH

First Saturday wind rain took a chunk of birch tree down on the DL650 in my driveway. Lucky no real damage. Then today in a mall parking lot side stand sank down fast and deep. Found it before it fell over. Even on centre stand it started to sink in. This is a local mall to me. They paved it last spring. Deciding remove tree or just a serious trimming.

hOCy56D.gif

8x9Q3QK.gif

rkwnLTV.gif

Its a birch tree, take it down because parts will keep falling down. Steal a couple beer coasters to put under your side stand

Or get/make a larger kickstand foot.
I bought this one years ago for my first DL and just keep moving it from bike to bike:

Hopefully the universe isn't trying to tell you something....
safe riding!

10, 9, 8, 7...

good to hear the sidestand was a save

I would buy a lottery ticket gvh

hopefully the universe is trying to tell you something lol

Last edited:
Its a birch tree, take it down because parts will keep falling down. Steal a couple beer coasters to put under your side stand
Looking at the tree closer lots of dead branches. One about 12-15 inch round and 10 feet high. Must have grubs/bugs birds are ripping it a part. Neighbour knows how to use a chainsaw and wants to tryout his nice new one. Still need a permit and more so the power line through the middle so much thought as to what goes first.

Looking at the tree closer lots of dead branches. One about 12-15 inch round and 10 feet high. Must have grubs/bugs birds are ripping it a part. Neighbour knows how to use a chainsaw and wants to tryout his nice new one. Still need a permit and more so the power line through the middle so much thought as to what goes first.
It probably has birch borer and is done.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Lines through the centre is a good reason to pay an arborist. I dislike spending money as much as the next guy but ending up on AFV and getting a huge bill from a utility is not always the way to go.

Agreed on the arborist, sometimes it's worth it to hire a professional. Live hydro wires is definitely one of those times.

I'm not an advocate for cutting tress, let it grow, let it grow...

Though I would def hire an Arborist to do it. Our neighborhood is all Ash trees,, and the bug got them all, all but 1 cheap person decided to do it themselves, next thing we see is an ambulance outside, and the dude being taken away with a neck brace and all, he fell from the tree. One other person did try themselves, took them 3-4 weeks to slowly hack away at the stump, everyday guy would sit outside with a small saw taking a piece off at a time in the heat.

Well they say things happen in threes so hope this is it. Three seasons I have had the Contour Roam3 plus on the helmet. Never a problem. Yesterday I noticed it was becoming unglued.

M6XOpLU.gif

Well they say things happen in threes so hope this is it. Three seasons I have had the Contour Roam3 plus on the helmet. Never a problem. Yesterday I noticed it was becoming unglued.

M6XOpLU.gif
I had an adhesive GPS mount for quite a while that I planned on replacing at some point but it just kept working. One hot day the GPS slowly tipped over and ended up in my lap. A proper ram handlebar mount replaced it.

For the helmet, just leave it in the sun for a bit the heat up, wrap a strap around to hold the camera tight to the helmet and let it cool down and you may be good for a while longer.

Lucky no real damage. I've always kept a piece of something under the seat to aid the side stand. Had one sink quite a few inches in downtown heat before....fortunately never fell over.

I had an adhesive GPS mount for quite a while that I planned on replacing at some point but it just kept working. One hot day the GPS slowly tipped over and ended up in my lap. A proper ram handlebar mount replaced it.

For the helmet, just leave it in the sun for a bit the heat up, wrap a strap around to hold the camera tight to the helmet and let it cool down and you may be good for a while longer.
or replace with fresh adhesive now that it's starting to go?

Back
Top Bottom