5k limit....what would YOU get? | GTAMotorcycle.com

5k limit....what would YOU get?

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Warmer weather is coming and I’m getting the itch again. Wife is on board but I went slightly over budget on the car so now holding back. But time to start looking.

have enjoyed the CB500F a lot

I didn’t like the Rebel 500 but maybe I didn’t give it a fair shake.

bikes that continue to interest me are:
- CB500X
- MT07
- Shadow RS
- Sportster 883
- CB650R(?)
- Ninja 650
- Kawasaki Vulcan S

no matter how I look at it even though I’d like something capable of going and doing some mild off reading, I just don’t think it’s gonna happen. No one to go with, and not much near here. Cottage is a stone throw away from Simcoe County Forests around Elmvale.

Last edited:
Might shake the money tree a little harder and jump on a NC750X. If not i would go for the CB500X as it's capable of doing some mildly off road running

Might shake the money tree a little harder and jump on a NC750X. If not i would go for the CB500X as it's capable of doing some mildly off road running
I’ve ridden the NC750XA DCT and while it was a good ride I didn’t find much to love about it.

Warmer weather is coming and I’m getting the itch again. Wife is on board but I went slightly over budget on the car so now holding back. But time to start looking.

have enjoyed the CB500F a lot

I didn’t like the Rebel 500 but maybe I didn’t give it a fair shake.

bikes that continue to interest me are:
- CB500X
- MT07
- Shadow RS
- Sportster 883
- CB650R(?)
- Ninja 650
- Kawasaki Vulcan S

no matter how I look at it even though I’d like something capable of going and doing some mild off reading, I just don’t think it’s gonna happen. No one to go with, and not much near here. Cottage is a stone throw away from Simcoe County Forests around Elmvale.

5k you say?
Been eyeing this beauty for a while, by all accounts the guy who runs that shop is a stand up guy, hopefully its still available, if not, you can still find plenty of other previous gen street triples for around 5k, some you might be able to haggle down:

You can also find a bunch of shiver 750s for around or less than 5k

If you're a returning rider I would eliminate the CB500, CB650R is a decent choice but how is that in your budget?

I say mt07 height depending, love that bike even though I'm a bit tall for it

Got a Kawi Concourse last year and it's been a lot of fun for the money.

Sent from my Redmi 7A using Tapatalk

5k you say?
Been eyeing this beauty for a while, by all accounts the guy who runs that shop is a stand up guy, hopefully its still available, if not, you can still find plenty of other previous gen street triples for around 5k, some you might be able to haggle down:

You can also find a bunch of shiver 750s for around or less than 5k
not cheap on insurance sadly

That's my favourite shopping bracket. I find the recipe for greatest success is cruising Kijiji with realistic search criteria (are you really willing to drive 800km to look at a lukewarm deal) and cruise it *often* - you absolutely can find good deals, but they don't stay up for very long... because they're good deals.

That said, here's a bike that caught my eye today - there are two big questions for me on this one. How much is it going to cost to deal with that deferred maintenance, and how bad is the rash that the seller forgot to include any pictures of.

19 years old, r6, resides in Brampton.

2 of the 3 are likely true. ?

I dont think he's in brampton

On a related note, I remember speaking to an agent about brampton insurance and was told its not bad driving, its insurance fraud

Thanks for the suggestion all. I think the 1000cc bikes are too much for me in terms of power and just ... large.

I like the Speed Triple suggestion.

@matthew 10k/year insurance!? What do you ride for that?

@KWDRZ i like the 650 but the new gen is definitely out of budget. Wasn’t there a previous gen that would slot in?

Back
Top Bottom