4 wheeler for kids | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

4 wheeler for kids

Wow bud, you really need a chill pill. Relax. Someone brought some safety concerns and you took issue with it. I agree with you. I'm sitting here watching the neighborhood kids ride around on bikes with no helmet, but I wont let my kids do it. If those brought up on a forum about what kind of bikes to get their kids, I or someone else might bring up, "don't forget the helmets". It's just something to think about, nothing to get all bi&tchy about.

You know your kid, that's great. You want to get a quad for your kid, that's great. I applaud that you want to spend time with him.

Since its a kid, I would get the cheapest possible one, because like someone mentioned, he may not even like it. I would kind of second the power wheels at that age and maybe keep the quad in mind for around 5ish, but that's me.

Oh btw my name is Rob, nice to meet you "sonic6".

Thats great "Rob", however fortunately for me I've have been riding half my life, on and off road, so I know everything there is to know about the perils of riding a bike or any other powered vehicle. A good give away of that would probably be to look at how long I've been a member here, thats usually a good sign of someone with some common sense, I am still alive, I still ride and I'm injury free. So why start assuming i'm going to let my kid tear up and down my road with no helmet or if im going to get him on a 100+ CC 4 wheeler jumping sand dunes? Just because there are idiots out there, it doesnt mean we all are. So before people want to go giving advice, maybe they should put a little more thought into their posts, by lets see, sitcking to the intended post. But no, everyone has to play wise man and regurgitate the same useless crap that they've heard from someone else. Sorry, but thats just plain annoying to me.

And again, before people just start assuming, if anyone bothered to check, a nice power wheel isnt that much cheaper than a gas powered 4 wheeler. Difference? The 4 wheeler's battery doesnt die after 10mins, and isn't 99% plastic. So thanks, I've done all the research I need to do on power wheels.

My names Jason.

We bought a Kazuma Meerkat (50 cc) 4 wheeler. I am NOT a knock off fan, however, I bought it new 5 years ago for $800. My daughter rode it from age 4 until she got a crf 50 two wheeler. My 5 year old son has ridden it for two years and will ride it for a couple more. I've spent no money on it other than gas and go. Kids have enjoyed it and I've governed their speed all the way. It is a small size 50cc 4 wheeler, inexpensive, and mine has been reliable. I would look into that 4 wheeler. Best wishes with the search.
Sincerely,
Jeremy

Not getting into the conversation. Just going to mention the OSET markets electric trials bikes to 2-5 year olds.

http://osetbikes.com/

and the particular one for 2 - 5 year olds is about 1000 us

There is now a CDN distributor for OSET...I met and chatted with him at the January Bike SHow.... he is in the Lidsay/Peterborough area if I am not mistaken, or maybe it was Barrie...... I had to go to the Rochester NY,USA, to get ours a couple yrs ago.

My son (5 now, but he had just turned 4 when he began riding it) has been riding his OSET for a few weeks this season, and 3 months last season. He also has a PW50, but didin't like the noise last yr. After spending time at the track, he is warming up to the noise of the PW50 now, and will ride it if his cousin rides *****. He feels secure with her on the back, even though he is in control of the bike. The OSET sure is nicer though, especially in town. I walk to Tim Hortons a few blocks away inside the hospital, and he rides along with me on the sidewalk. It is silent,and no one copmplains about it. He even rides it right into the Hospital and parks it by the wheelchairs, then we walk into the Tim Hortons with his Fox helmets still on while he orders his sprinkle donut, LOL
It is the single best option for starting kids out in motorsports as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
Good work Z1K!!! :)

Yes, get him on something like Z1K linked, and in 2 years he'll be keeping up with this young chap!

[video=youtube;7NiFoFuYQsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NiFoFuYQsY[/video]

Back
Top Bottom