4 wheeler for kids | GTAMotorcycle.com

4 wheeler for kids

SONIC6

I wanted to get my 3 year old onto a 4 wheeler since he still hasnt learnt to ride on 2 wheels yet. Anyone have any recommendations on a decent 4 wheeler for 3 year olds?

I've seen all sorts out there, but all look like the chinese/pocket bike kind of look to them. Anyone heard of GIO? I've looked at the big brand names like Honda, but theyre like $3500+, and not looking to spend that kind of money.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I recently bought a Gio 110 mini hummer for my son who is 7. I bought it in the winter so it hasn't seen much riding time so I can't really comment on the quality. If you are anywhere near Halton Hills you can stop by and check it out. They come in pieces so some assembly will be required. I would recommend something like this as they are cheap and the kids may not like it. I say this from experience as I am not even sure my son is going to want to ride it haha. I bought it so he could ride with me, but he wasn't overly excited about it the first time we went riding so I might be selling it if I find it sits collecting dust lol.

There is a guy that sells some decent units at the barrie flea market. To start him off you probably want to just get him into an entry level atv and see if hes into it or not. No need to spend allot of cash for a 3 year old, he dosnt need allot of power or ground clearance, maybe not even a 4x4 at this point.

I have a suzuki 50cc and a china 49cc atv

the suzuki get riden by fat adults and all the kids for the last 8 years and never needed a thing sept a spark plug cost $$$ but well wurth it because I could still sell it for decent money

the china 49 was bought knowing it was brand new china
I took the intire bike apart and rebuilt it greasing everything, after maybe 200 house the rear axle bearing is finished and only my 6 year old son had driven it.

The chinese ones are complete junk.

ATVs are not designed for a three year old. They should not be ridden by anyone under 6 and that is a youth model designed for a 6 year old. Kids at 3 do not have the cognitive ability to steer it and the understanding to shift their weight to prevent roll over, while a small atv will not need this as much, they should be taught correctly. If you want to get them an ATV, buy him/her a powerwheels.

ATVs are not designed for a three year old. They should not be ridden by anyone under 6 and that is a youth model designed for a 6 year old. Kids at 3 do not have the cognitive ability to steer it and the understanding to shift their weight to prevent roll over, while a small atv will not need this as much, they should be taught correctly. If you want to get them an ATV, buy him/her a powerwheels.

lol, ya ok buddy, thanks for the parental guidance. I think I know my kid a lot better than you do, so i'll make that call.

Anyone know what the rules are for riding dirt bikes/ATV's off road? Theres a forrested area behind my house with some trails and thought that would be the perfect place for him to ride itsince its right there and dont need to drive anywhere.

The quad will need to be licensed and insured if you want to ride it anywhere other than your own property.

Ya i just read up on the whole green plate and insurance thing. Anyone know how i can find out if a forrested area or trail is crown or private property?

If you want to ride anywhere other than private property you need insurance and a plate. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that the rider needs to be at least 14 yrs old. I don't care what you put your kid on, but don't be fooled, motorcycles are safer than quads.

lol, ya ok buddy, thanks for the parental guidance. I think I know my kid a lot better than you do, so i'll make that call.

Anyone know what the rules are for riding dirt bikes/ATV's off road? Theres a forrested area behind my house with some trails and thought that would be the perfect place for him to ride itsince its right there and dont need to drive anywhere.

He's right roll overs are not that uncommen when it comes to kids DAD.

He's right roll overs are not that uncommen when it comes to kids DAD.

Right, where as injuries on 2 wheels are uncommon. Motorsports present injury on any type of vehicle. All the "child" purposed ATV's I've looked at can be governed to 5km/h, some even come with a remote kill switch. The kid could do worse on a bicycle with training wheels. And to top it off, its a flat open trail.

No wonder we have so many stupid laws; too many brainwashed zealots.

For sure. I'm all about letting Darwin take care of people.

The nerve of people to give an unwanted opinion on an anonymous forum website is unbelievable.

For sure. I'm all about letting Darwin take care of people.

The nerve of people to give an unwanted opinion on an anonymous forum website is unbelievable.

Here we go, another charmer. Unwanted or uncessary? The purpose of this post wasnt to get into a safety match over what's safe or whats good for 3 year olds. And if this forum website is so anonoymous, why bother reading or posting then if its not worth a damn? Because some just cant live without having something smart to say on anonoymous forum websites.

Here we go, another charmer. Unwanted or uncessary? The purpose of this post wasnt to get into a safety match over what's safe or whats good for 3 year olds. And if this forum website is so anonoymous, why bother reading or posting then if its not worth a damn? Because some just cant live without having something smart to say on anonoymous forum websites.

Wow bud, you really need a chill pill. Relax. Someone brought some safety concerns and you took issue with it. I agree with you. I'm sitting here watching the neighborhood kids ride around on bikes with no helmet, but I wont let my kids do it. If those brought up on a forum about what kind of bikes to get their kids, I or someone else might bring up, "don't forget the helmets". It's just something to think about, nothing to get all bi&tchy about.

You know your kid, that's great. You want to get a quad for your kid, that's great. I applaud that you want to spend time with him.

Since its a kid, I would get the cheapest possible one, because like someone mentioned, he may not even like it. I would kind of second the power wheels at that age and maybe keep the quad in mind for around 5ish, but that's me.

Oh btw my name is Rob, nice to meet you "sonic6".

Right, where as injuries on 2 wheels are uncommon. Motorsports present injury on any type of vehicle. All the "child" purposed ATV's I've looked at can be governed to 5km/h, some even come with a remote kill switch. The kid could do worse on a bicycle with training wheels. And to top it off, its a flat open trail.

A bicycle does not weigh over 100lbs. but you're right,you must know all the skills your 3year old has.He cant ride a bicycle but lets get him a quad:lmao:

Last edited:
I'm not directing this post to anyone on this forum, as I have no issue with people hurting themselves or their offspring through stupidity. In fact it makes some entertaining video if captured as such. The issue I have is when they lawyer up and try to sue the manufacturer of the products they misuse, the owner of the land they hurt themselves on, or the government that failed to protect them from themselves.

my son was riding his quad at 4 (couldnt ride a 2 wheeler yet.)
the quad was a great start, it tought him his throtle controle and his brake. once he learned to ride a 2 wheeler he jumped on the dirt bike and was fine on it.
now hes 6, goes over small jumps, stands over ruts or high grass. with out the quad it would be a lot harder for him to be on the dirt bike now,

when he started I would ride behind him on the 50cc suzuki with a rope tied between us so I could watch his speed while he followed the dune buggy.
he wasnt realy interested in it at 4, a bit better at 5 and goes out almost every day at 6

Not getting into the conversation. Just going to mention the OSET markets electric trials bikes to 2-5 year olds.

http://osetbikes.com/

and the particular one for 2 - 5 year olds is about 1000 us

Back
Top Bottom