3' X 4 ' x 3/4" Floor protection rubber mat | GTAMotorcycle.com

3' X 4 ' x 3/4" Floor protection rubber mat

oioioi

Site Supporter
Just a heads up on what I think is a decent deal at Costco, as some of you might want floor protection for your garage or workshop.

They can also be used in a gym but who makes gym at home anymore. That was like so COVID.

I bought these more for a soft surface to stand on when working by my workbench.

Costco has these for $29.99
They are 3 feet by 4 feet and 3/4 inch thick.
One side is smooth and the other side has Lonnie size "buttons".

Item number 1202210
Made in Canada

Similar ones are being sold on Kijiji and FB for $55 or so.

1693526053202.png

1693526192138.png

Are the TSC stores gone now? I remember getting a couple of 5' x 7' horse mats for a good price.
The only issue at the time, was that they off-gassed, and absolutely reeked to high heaven, for quite a while.
I put them outside on the driveway for a week and the smell disappeared.
I should probably have gotten more, but wasn't sure about the smell.

TSC stores are still around but some (or all in Canada) have been renamed to Peavey Mart.

I know the one in Milton closed but that's due to a condo project.

I did notice a little rubber odour in the garage when I walked in this morning. But it's acceptable.

Are the TSC stores gone now? I remember getting a couple of 5' x 7' horse mats for a good price.
The only issue at the time, was that they off-gassed, and absolutely reeked to high heaven, for quite a while.
I put them outside on the driveway for a week and the smell disappeared.
I should probably have gotten more, but wasn't sure about the smell.

3/4" horse matts are $120 at peavy mart ($3.50/sq ft). Not sure what the sale price looks like. At 2.50/sq ft, the costco matts look ok. Lots of small pieces with no interlocking tabs though. That's not ideal.

I agree with you on the no interlocking tabs. Would be nice to have but there mofo's are really heavy and I don't expect them to shift around much.

The ones I had in the garage before were 3' X 3' with the Loonies size perforated holes. The rubber was much more flexible. They did have interlocking tabs but they shifted around quite a bit. The holes were annoying as it was hard to roll a stool on wheels over them.

I just thecked the Peavey Mart site and their horse mats also do not have the interlocking tabs.

I have been using the same mats for over a year in my garage and the car being parked on these has not caused a movement or shift.
As others have noticed, they initially smell, but that odour goes away after a while.
The other thinner and lighter mats with the interlock, moves even with a motorcycle parked on the layer.

Good to know

I calculated how much I would need for my garage.
I can put the $1000 plus tax to better use.

I was originally going to cut one dòwn and use it as an anti-fatigue mat in the kitchen triangle. Sue got one whiff of it and it was relegated to the garage where it has come in handy.

How do these mats handle things like oil, coolant and brake cleaner?
Mine's black, so once you wipe it down, contaminants are hard to notice. They do get dusty and accumulate lots of crap underneath them.

I was originally going to cut one dòwn and use it as an anti-fatigue mat in the kitchen triangle. Sue got one whiff of it and it was relegated to the garage where it has come in handy.
I haven't touched the costco mats but I suspect they are far harder than I would want in an anti-fatigue mat. Costco sells anti-fatigue mats too. I use one in front of the ski sharpening bench as knees start to feel it after hours of standing on concrete.

They are not your typical anti fatigue mat.
Hard enough to not sink a shop still in bit does provide some cushion

Back
Top Bottom