2022 Trip plans? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2022 Trip plans?

Tons of sumos at the Gap. I think that's the perfect vehicle for tight, twisty roads!
Big difference between the Gap and the Skyline. Almost hard to speed at the Gap, not so much on the Skyline. Hell I was able to pass a Ninja 2up on my Wing doing the Skyline.

Not making any plans until this BS Covid is finally in the rear view, or at least finally going in that direction.
You mean beyond trying to spot a zebra?

eyesore.jpg

How did the protestors miss that one?!

Crazy overtime for us right now and as of today I have 9 weeks holiday coming and I'm sure this will increase before summer.
Gonna trailer down and ride to Pensacola and the coast in Feb for a week.
Then head to Maggie Valley around May 1 for a week.
I've been looking at maps and would love to do AB/BC again but I don't think I have it in me to ride all the way out and back again.
Seriously thinking about shipping Charlotte to Calgary and then riding back.
Looking for quotes if anyone cares.

Crazy overtime for us right now and as of today I have 9 weeks holiday coming and I'm sure this will increase before summer.
Gonna trailer down and ride to Pensacola and the coast in Feb for a week.
Then head to Maggie Valley around May 1 for a week.
I've been looking at maps and would love to do AB/BC again but I don't think I have it in me to ride all the way out and back again.
Seriously thinking about shipping Charlotte to Calgary and then riding back.
Looking for quotes if anyone cares.
There is a VStrom event down in Deals Gap between May 12-15, so I plan to ride down starting around May 9 if you end up delaying your timing for that trip.

There is a VStrom event down in Deals Gap between May 12-15, so I plan to ride down starting around May 9 if you end up delaying your timing for that trip.

If the Border's open and no overwhelming conditions I'll need Shane down at that event in May. After that I'll head down to Florida Keys. After that New Orleans I Louisiana. That will compete my map having ridden my bikes to all the lower 48 States and all the 10 provinces.

Then in July I'm planning heading out to Alaska. And also visit some family in Edmonton and Calgary.

..Tom

If the Border's open and no overwhelming conditions I'll need Shane down at that event in May. After that I'll head down to Florida Keys. After that New Orleans I Louisiana. That will compete my map having ridden my bikes to all the lower 48 States and all the 10 provinces.

Then in July I'm planning heading out to Alaska. And also visit some family in Edmonton and Calgary.

..Tom
Will you try to hit up NWT and Yukon on your way up to Alaska and do more of Canada?

I will definately be going through the Yukon to get to Alaska. If time permits I(or if the border is closed) l'll take a side trip to NWT.

..Tom

A small group of us are going to do the Charlevoix and Saguenay areas of Quebec in mid-June. I've ridden this area before but it was a long time ago. Looking forward to it!

A small group of us are going to do the Charlevoix and Saguenay areas of Quebec in mid-June. I've ridden this area before but it was a long time ago. Looking forward to it!
That's another dream trip for me and I've been planning a 15 day trip for late-summer up there. Post up a ride report when you get back.

Tentative plan is to ride down to the Barber Vintage festival in Oct.

@Wingboy you probably already know this, but if not, here goes...check with CCAC and ODP (Ontario Disability Pension) as they should/could help out with the costs of a PSW and also the new seat you purchased for her in your other thread...

Hoping to do a few this year!

Big one will hopefully be an east coast round trip over 10-14 days. Not sure if it will be a Nova Scotia or Newfoundland type affair yet.

Lake superior ride of some sort. Through manitoulin island, up to Wawa and back through Algonquin or something like that.

This is all pending my top end being finished. Still at the machine shop and fingers crossed it wont bankrupt me!

Goal is to see more of Canada, get used to bugs again (haven't camped much since I was a kid), and to get over my fear of bears / large animals when camping... and I still have to invest in a thicker air mattress as i find sleeping on anything other than sand to be excrutiating. I am a lanky side sleeper and my elbows/hips dig into the earth so badly I can never get a nights sleep.

@Wingboy you probably already know this, but if not, here goes...check with CCAC and ODP (Ontario Disability Pension) as they should/could help out with the costs of a PSW and also the new seat you purchased for her in your other thread...
We have been thru the revolving door called ccac. It's a useless collection of top heavy departments with nobody to do the grunt work. We are looking into finances but probably won't qualify.
Thanks.

That's another dream trip for me and I've been planning a 15 day trip for late-summer up there. Post up a ride report when you get back.

Will do my best.

Doing it over 7 days...Saturday to Saturday. Trying to avoid St Jean Baptiste Day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom