2022 insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2022 insurance

It may be time to stop having insurance coverage as a form of protest.
I didn't renew last February because of an increase I felt was too much. I didn't ride and actually listed the bike for sale. Had a few tire kickers, but it didn't sell. I'll see what quotes I get when I call around in May. If they are still too high the bike will be listed for sale again and will continue to sit until it's sold, or I can find a reasonable quote.

Would be curious to know what the new quotes are looking like for those forced to shop around?

Just got my insurance renewal from TD, formerly MM. An increase of over $1000. They obviously don't want my business. I have 2 cars and house insurance with them as well. Not cool TD, not cool. No changes in my status over the past year.

Just got my insurance renewal from TD, formerly MM. An increase of over $1000. They obviously don't want my business. I have 2 cars and house insurance with them as well. Not cool TD, not cool. No changes in my status over the past year.
I've been with TD for 8 years with the bike, over 20 with everything else. Only my m/c insurance is up this month, the rest is later in the year.

Not looking good first policy tripled from 550 to 1600 for the 13 Ducati Monster other 5 should be in soon time to start shopping I think.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2
For just under 1800$ I'm getting a car, bike, sled and RV. Might be time to shop around.
Note: Only the RV has fire, theft & collision

Just got off the phone with TD. It seems that their system didn't transfer motorcycle license info over to the new year. So all renewals went out treating existing customers as riders without a motorcycle license. Once my license was put back into the system my rate went back down to where it had been previously.

Hubby spoke to TD yesterday and was told the same thing...their system didn't transfer the motorcycle license information over for some reason...his renewal went back down to $883, so same as last year...I just got off the phone with them, same problem, renewal back down to $776...whoo hooo.... :D

Just got off the phone with TD. It seems that their system didn't transfer motorcycle license info over to the new year. So all renewals went out treating existing customers as riders without a motorcycle license. Once my license was put back into the system my rate went back down to where it had been previously.
Good will call them soon.

we just got hubby's in from TD...went from $883 to over $2000...no accidents, no claims, no nothing...I guess we'll start calling around...
This is why its best to deal with a broker. TD is a direct broker /bank and can only show you the rates they have. A broker can shop rates for you from various insurance companies. Think of it like trying to buy a flight directly from Air Canada vs checking on Expedia.
For a quote email: moto@nfp.com

I just switched from Echelon to TD and went from $1400/yr to $650/yr. Crazy savings, feels like I've been getting ripped off over the last 6 years.

Weird because when I first started riding, TD was $3600/yr and Aviva was $1900/yr. I thought at $3600/yr they were basically saying we didn't want you, now it feels so cheap. Hope they don't increase on me...
NFP can quote you through Echelon and why its best to deal with a broker. TD is a bank and can only show you the rates they have. A broker can shop rates for you from various insurance companies. Think of it like trying to buy a flight directly from Air Canada vs checking on Expedia.

It seems to me like the new order is shop around every couple years. Loyalty doesn’t mean anything these days

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Some insurance companies see rate increases some years, some other years some barely, which is why it definitely pays to go with a broker like NFP Moto. A good broker can shop around rates for you instead of you having to make 15 calls. For a quick quote email to: moto@nfp.com

NFP can quote you through Echelon and why its best to deal with a broker. TD is a bank and can only show you the rates they have. A broker can shop rates for you from various insurance companies. Think of it like trying to buy a flight directly from Air Canada vs checking on Expedia.
$1400/yr was brokered through NFP, insured by Echelon.

Maybe you guys could have found me a different provider that could have beat TD, who knows.

It may be time to stop having insurance coverage as a form of protest.
Yeah let us know how that works out for you. The first time you see the judge, or god forbid you get seriously injured, or even worse severly injure someone else

Just got my renewal notice... Due March 1st.

'Same $ as last year... No increase.

Maybe with TD melloche will check the personal next week the other 4 are on a different policy with melloche. Crazy thing is 1400 is for accident benefits. Everything else is peanuts

I'm surprised you aren't already with The Personal if you're eligible. They have crazy cheap rates, and I'm upset my company is no longer with them for our group insurance. Our new group insurer seems to have all my bikes on the black list, so that's no help.

I'm surprised you aren't already with The Personal if you're eligible. They have crazy cheap rates, and I'm upset my company is no longer with them for our group insurance. Our new group insurer seems to have all my bikes on the black list, so that's no help.
TD was always cheaper by a long shot bikes range from 80 per year to 600 with full coverage. Seems like they still are the cheapest.

TD was always cheaper by a long shot bikes range from 80 per year to 600 with full coverage. Seems like they still are the cheapest.

I keep forgetting you're outside the GTA. You guys get crazy rates to begin with. It was way cheaper to insure my daughter's car under her own name as primary at her residence address in Waterloo than as an occasional driver under mine in the GTA.

I'm surprised you aren't already with The Personal if you're eligible. They have crazy cheap rates,

I guess it depends on who knows what, but... We left the personal due to the significantly higher rates they wanted to charge us.
Went with another carrier for our house/cars and bought better coverage for about 30% less.
Unfortunately our current insurance co. doesn't do bikes so... I'm with a different company for that, but being "mature" those rates arent killer no matter who I call.

Back
Top Bottom