2022 insurance | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2022 insurance

Started getting insurance coverage in 2019, so very beginner. Also had my M2 already. Per Desjardins agent, no price difference between M2 and M.

But yes, once the agent said 'yes' to insuring SS, at the same price as my HD, i signed up asap.

Every insurance carrier has their own different rules when it comes to supersports. Some require 3 years moto licensed, some 6 years, some dont have experience requirements but will give you insane rates (rightfully so), and some cannot insure those bikes at all. Also different companies have different lists as to what they consider a "supersport" or blacklisted sport bike. There are some bikes (GSXR, YZF R1, ZX6R, etc that are on every company's blacklist tho). This is why its best to deal with a broker - For a quote email to: moto@nfp.com

I got some quotes for this season and looks like my current provider (Desjardins) is still the cheapest. I only have a year of riding history in Canada. My renewed insurance is 12xx/yr, which equates to around 106 bucks pm. Last year it was 13xx, so no complaints.

The second cheapest quote I got was from TD with some 14xx for the year.

Reactions: LBV
Thanks to everyone posting. I've found this thread very helpful in finding insurance for my CB300. It was difficult finding someone to insure a 17yr old m2 driver (+ a 50yr old m2 driver) but Dejardins was the best I found at roughly $1900.
I'd like to give a shout out to Pam at OpenRoad though. Very helpful, and best rate for the 50yr old, but it was important to put my boy on the bike so I went with a provider who could do that.

Just received my renewal from TD and it’s dropped by $6/year. Lol. Can’t complain!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking at getting a mt07 after mtohp course for class M2, 26 y/o. Any insurance companies I should look at first?
thanks
You should check desjardins. I will be getting a 650cc vstrom, will get M2 in a month thru course, age 37, I was quoted $680/year for just 2 million liability, and $8xx/year for $500 deductible collision comprehensive

More options but still quote 80% higher than other brokers? I would think more options would translate to same or better pricing than your competitors.
Well. Choosing a cruise missile of a bike doesn’t help. 😬

More options but still quote 80% higher than other brokers? I would think more options would translate to same or better pricing than your competitors.
In my case, all other insurers were at least 200% higher for my bike.
NFP is about 5-10% higher for my house & car, but bundling all three saves me $1500/yr.

In my case, all other insurers were at least 200% higher for my bike.
NFP is about 5-10% higher for my house & car, but bundling all three saves me $1500/yr.

I've been working with NFP on quotes to move everything over to them, but the overall rates for my cars, motorcycles, home, and umbrella liability are still higher than Desjardins.

I’m glad people are having good luck with them but disappointed that they couldn’t offer me a competitive quote. I would think I’m pretty much their target audience - lots of vehicles, low risk, proper age bracket….
But hey, what do I know.

[mention]NFP Moto [/mention] curious about something - if someone has been with you for several years, do you do any work on trying to get the best rate on every renewal (I.e go back to “tender” all insurance providers)?

Or do you just let the policy roll over year after year?

[mention]NFP Moto [/mention] curious about something - if someone has been with you for several years, do you do any work on trying to get the best rate on every renewal (I.e go back to “tender” all insurance providers)?

Or do you just let the policy roll over year after year?
The renewals get sent out directly from the insurance company but the quote is run again through our office to compare current rates before hand. In the rare case where the renewal looks higher than it should be you would just call our Client Service Dept to double check and make sure that is the still the best rate out there for the current year.

Went to roll my 2008 tiger over for a 2022 Ducati super sport , current provider no bueno . I told them it’s actually more sport tour than super sport . Don’t care . NFP was able to help at an “ok” rate . Tried rider plus , it’s black listed with them .
Not getting easier , but happy to be full coverage on a new bike at 1,195 per yr .

Went to roll my 2008 tiger over for a 2022 Ducati super sport , current provider no bueno . I told them it’s actually more sport tour than super sport . Don’t care . NFP was able to help at an “ok” rate . Tried rider plus , it’s black listed with them .
Not getting easier , but happy to be full coverage on a new bike at 1,195 per yr .

That looks like a pretty good rate. I've always had good luck with the direct companies, used TD for a long time but they wouldn't insure my Hayabusa so I had to move to Desjardins. Just saw my renewal for 2022 hit my credit card, covers my Suzuki DL650, Suzuki SP125 (little enduro), and a Polaris 570 ATV. I'm still happy.

1653602342345.png

Back
Top Bottom