2021 Sportster will have Harleys new Revolution engine | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 Sportster will have Harleys new Revolution engine

Harley describes the revolution engine:
"an all-new liquid-cooled V-Twin designed to offer flexible performance with a broad powerband that builds to a surge of high-RPM power"

(y) because we all need more Flexible performance.

I'm confused. This isn't the Sportster, it's an all new bike, the 'Custom', with a version of the motor that's also in the Pan America. The Sportster has been canned in Europe only, another Euro 5 casualty, but continues with the 883 motor in North America.

Do I have that right? For some reason, I can't keep track of the Harley and BMW model designations.

Regardless, it's not a bad looking thing, if that's your taste. I still think the cylinder heads look like happy robots, which makes me chuckle every time I see it. More significant is that they are keeping more of the previous regime's ideas alive...

... I can't keep track of the Harley and BMW model designations.
It's easy, you have your FLHB XLCH XLCR FXRT FXST WLDR WLA JDH KR KHK FLHTP FXRP VR FXDG FXSTS XL VRSCDA FLHTCU VRXSE and who could forget the VRSCDX or my favourite say no to drugs designation the FXSTC or F-extasy :LOL: it's the only acronym that actually makes sense.

About time they're competing with the Indian Scout/Bobber engine which I love - a rare cruiser V-twin that loves to rev and 100 hp.

It's easy, you have your FLHB XLCH XLCR FXRT FXST WLDR WLA JDH KR KHK FLHTP FXRP VR FXDG FXSTS XL VRSCDA FLHTCU VRXSE and who could forget the VRSCDX or my favourite say no to drugs designation the FXSTC or F-extasy :LOL: it's the only acronym that actually makes sense.

Ha! Excellent summary of the alphabet soup, I'll keep it handy as a cheat sheet.

I knew I was in trouble when I Googled 'harley sportster' and it spat out nine different models...

Im starting to appreciate the simplicity of the japanese more and more now...sure they might not be the most characterful bikes...but
you get all the features standard instead of buying packages, and there arent 4 different versions of the same model

Future Custom Model FCM :unsure: might work, I don't think they used that one before.

It's got the Wall-E motor.

eve-wall-e-300x239.jpg

Does it still require a compensator? pffff silly me, it's Harley they all require a compensator ?

I didn't mind the look of this until I just had a closer look and noticed the forward pegs. Not sure why some people think it looks cool enough to appear to be trying to touch your toes to sacrifice the control and comfort you gain by being able to weight the pegs.

Long reach to bars + long reach to pegs + short suspension travel + paper thin seat = hilariously uncomfortable for anything more than about 10 minutes. No wonder riders on these kind of bikes always look so sour and refuse to wave. They're like teenagers who insist on wearing a jean jacket out in -30C weather: in agony and numb in all sorts of places...

Im starting to appreciate the simplicity of the japanese more and more now...sure they might not be the most characterful bikes...but
you get all the features standard instead of buying packages, and there arent 4 different versions of the same model
Simplicity makes for much lower costs. Make 10000 bikes exactly the same. Cookie cuter. Love my FJR but it is kinda like an appliance. Though a fast one:cool:

I didn't mind the look of this until I just had a closer look and noticed the forward pegs. Not sure why some people think it looks cool enough to appear to be trying to touch your toes to sacrifice the control and comfort you gain by being able to weight the pegs.

Long reach to bars + long reach to pegs + short suspension travel + paper thin seat = hilariously uncomfortable for anything more than about 10 minutes. No wonder riders on these kind of bikes always look so sour and refuse to wave. They're like teenagers who insist on wearing a jean jacket out in -30C weather: in agony and numb in all sorts of places...
Not designed for comfort... men's version of stilettos.

I think HD used a model setup much like America car makers.

I remember when GM used to put monikers and badges on a platform to give you 20 variations. You could get ostensibly the same car with 3 or more trim levels in each Chev Cavalier, Olds Firenze, Cadillac Cimarron, Buick Skyhawk, Pontiac Sunbird. Chrysler and Ford were bad too. US auto makers stopped more than a decade ago when they realized their own variants were competing with one another.

Jap and Euro makers have traditionally had one bike per category and maybe 2 trim levels. HD should have taken notes when the US auto manufacturers streamlined their lineups.

Not designed for comfort... men's version of stilettos.
Neither are race rep rearsets, but at least they serve a practical purpose if used as intended...

I guess if women find the sight of a man folded in half on a motorcycle as appealing as I find the sight of a woman in stilettos, fair play...

The forward pegs are so they don't have to cut your legs off after a one hour ride due to lack of circulation. Besides, after 10 minute you've always got time for Tim Hortons.

FYI most of th people on this forum are not the target buyers . This will be a second bike for most HD owners . If you are whining about cost of a toy you are not their buyer .

Back
Top Bottom