2020 MotoGP Discussion (NO LINKS)

that was a yawner

too bad the old boy crashed out, good pace
may have been his last, best chance for a win

seems no one can make this years Honda work
don't think MM would be struggling this much
would have been interesting to see it though

WplPNjr.png

It's interesting that for all the bellyaching about Yamaha's performance (mostly) by the factory riders, it is atop the constructors

It's interesting that for all the bellyaching about Yamaha's performance (mostly) by the factory riders, it is atop the constructors

The real story is that Mav struggles with inconsistency and Rossi is just not capable of delivering anymore, but the Yamaha is still a solid bike if its ridden with a JLO lead from the front style while preserving the tires, and as seen Fabio and Franco are able to make adapt and it work for them. I personally think its the 3rd best bike behind the Ducati and Suzuki.

Peco was announced as the 2nd works rider alongside Miller, with Zarco and Jorge Martin at Pramac which if I'm honest will be a very solid pairing. Avintia still hasn't confirmed its lineup, but if I think Tito may be out of a ride at the end of this year, a contract means very little at Avintia. This championship is really too tight and the talent pool is too deep for a pay-rider, in my opinion. Tito is a very entertaining off the bike, I kind of hop eme makes his way to DAZN when he decides to hang up the leathers.

There was a rumor going around last race weekend that Dovi might be HRC's test rider if he cannot secure that Aprilia ride, which would be a very interesting combination.

Rumour du jour. Sounds like this is for 2022 but you never know...

Avintia selling their slots to aprilia
Aprilia to run a factory team
Gresini stays and runs suzuki
VR to move up to gp

For 2021, 2nd avintia seat will go to the highest bidder. VR trying to get LM on the bike but he'll need to bring money. Also looking for a Ducati deal to help this along but ducati already have 5 riders under contract for 2021.

Last edited:
Yeah I was really hoping ZARCO would do good. Alex Marquez could have one that with 2 more laps, incredible ride for the rookie

Yeah I was really hoping ZARCO would do good. Alex Marquez could have one that with 2 more laps, incredible ride for the rookie

Not sure what happened to all the championship contenders this week, specifically Mir he could have picked up the lead given how Yamaha guys just faded into obscurity--I honestly thouht it he was gointo re-appear from the back of the field again. I really enjoyed this season so far, but if the rumors are true I am kind of wanting to see Marc back on the bike now that he is completely out of championship contention and healed up.

Zarco did finish strong, he overtook Olivera in the last couple of turns, just wasn't in podium contention.

Depends really what trace. Top end on the M1 is lacking , qualify at Misano I seen Peccos top speed was 301, where Franky was only hitting 278. Huge difference. Of course drafting can be huge advantage.

Mat Oxley opines that the V4s had an advantage over the I4s which is why all the Yamahas and Suzukis turned into non-factors. Here is the link.

Makes sense, except that an injured Rins was looking like he was going to take the fight to Petrux had he been able stay on the bike. That double/triple overtake he did from the back was incredibly risky but he pulled it off.

Aragon this week and Marc is confirmed to not be there after all:

Just a quick fyi...the motoGP race next weekend (October 25th) is on regular tv NBC Sunday afternoon from 4:30 - 6pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Mav is due for some better luck

gonna call a Yamaha Suzuki KTM podium
two bets?! must be rich lol

your win place or show bet only shows the manufacturers, except for mav - come on now, cough up the names of the pilots on the ktm and suzuki lol who knows!

Reactions: J_F
sounds like yamaha is going to forego lorenzo racing, partly due to saving cycles on Rossi's engines. I guess replacement riders inheret the engine allocation of the rider they are replacing.

Reactions: J_F

Back
Top Bottom