2019 MotoGP Discussion (No links) | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2019 MotoGP Discussion (No links)

interesting
wonder how he'll get on with the Honda? Zarco sure seemed to like the Yamaha
but it is the older chassis that apparently is a bit easier to ride than current one
but if it works out, could be MM's teammate next season

Zarco to fill in for Nakagami on the LCR Honda for the last 3 races of the season.

Mark

Confirmed by LCR that Zarco is in for the rest of the season:

Official: Johann Zarco steps in at LCR Honda

As much as I'd like to see JLO do well on the HRC, just for his own psyche, I really think he should go back to Ducati at all costs, even if it means sitting out a season and getting those injuries sorted while Dovi finishes his contract.

I'd hate to see JLO be remembered for this season... the HRC is utterly violent and this year's is more-so; it takes a grip gambler like Marc to be able to tame the beast, and even then he gets it wrong occasionally and it bites back. The problem is that Marc is able to take it beyond the bike's limits and not get too seriously injured when he crashes, like during FP1 in Thailand, and just come back stronger with a better understanding of the bike and be able to set up for the weekend. He did a race simulation after he got out of the hospital for FP2.

Its almost like HRC designed it that way: to allow a rider to find the limitations of the bike (crash?) and then work around those issues with bike setup and tire management to leverage its strengths in order to work around its obvious limitations.

JLO gets none of that, and his feedback leads to a timid riding style all weekend as its not compatible at all with his silky ride-on-rails style, he does not gel at all with the HRC as it has to be ridden on the very edge, every corner, to get the most advantage out of it to be able to compete against a Ducati/Suzuki/Yamaha... otherwise its out in the back with an Aprilia or RAR. He simply has no feeling with the HRC, Ducati was a way more forgiving bike (in my opinion its probably the best overall package on the grid) that when setup correctly could let him challenege for consistent victories.

Yamaha is the obvious choice, perhaps even a Suzuki, but unless he gets Frankie's seat with factory backing and a sweet development deal I just don't see him back on one. And personally I want to see Mav and Rins develop Suzuki into a championship winning Team more than seeing a resurgent JLO.

Last edited:
I actually got a small thrill seeing Rossi's start, believe it or not. I thought the old man might remind everyone why over 1/2 the atendees came simply to see him.

Zarco did better on his first outing on last years machinery than JLO has most of this season with factory backing, which is another indicator that his seat is not a given regardless of what is said in the media. There would be no point in putting an ex-KTM rider on it for a factory if not for a replacement candidate given a working interview. He really should be negotiating for a Ducati ride after mending those injuries or consider retiring entirely if he cannot get a Factory backed Yamaha deal.

Mir was on it and despite the last lap drama I was glad to see Mav in good form after all the problems.

Exciting race.

was a good race.
vinales was trying too hard on the last lap, but it was good to see him challenging MM93.
I was hoping to see zarco in the top ten - hopefully we will see that next race.

What happened when quartaro went down ? I could see why petrucci went down, but couldn't quite see what happened to quartaro when he went down (on my smaller screen). Anyone want to give me the play by play on that ?

I give Vinales more credit for at least trying to pass Mark then crashing and not just setting for 2nd place. At least he made it look like there was someone out there than can push Mark for a bit. Mark is So far ahead of everyone else it's become pathetic and predictable.

was a good race.
vinales was trying too hard on the last lap, but it was good to see him challenging MM93.
I was hoping to see zarco in the top ten - hopefully we will see that next race.

What happened when quartaro went down ? I could see why petrucci went down, but couldn't quite see what happened to quartaro when he went down (on my smaller screen). Anyone want to give me the play by play on that ?
Petrucci took him out when he went down iirc.

I thought MM slightly pushed Petrucci off line which in turn made his situation worse and he highsided right into Quartero. Who was also going off track but would of been able to remain on the bike.

I actually got a small thrill seeing Rossi's start, believe it or not. I thought the old man might remind everyone why over 1/2 the atendees came simply to see him.

Zarco did better on his first outing on last years machinery than JLO has most of this season with factory backing, which is another indicator that his seat is not a given regardless of what is said in the media. There would be no point in putting an ex-KTM rider on it for a factory if not for a replacement candidate given a working interview. He really should be negotiating for a Ducati ride after mending those injuries or consider retiring entirely if he cannot get a Factory backed Yamaha deal.

Mir was on it and despite the last lap drama I was glad to see Mav in good form after all the problems.

Exciting race.
I thought MM slightly pushed Petrucci off line which in turn made his situation worse and he highsided right into Quartero. Who was also going off track but would of been able to remain on the bike.
thx for the play by play.

I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen Q2 yet and want to. Seeing the "mind games" during the session and getting a bit frustrated by it (I'd personally call it poor sportsmanship), the final outcome was well deserved in my opinion...

I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen Q2 yet and want to. Seeing the "mind games" during the session and getting a bit frustrated by it (I'd personally call it poor sportsmanship), the final outcome was well deserved in my opinion...
I agree

They should be penalized and send to the bottom of the grid

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I agree too

and the main offender of the gamesmanship penalized himself
cold tires from his messing around have him starting 11 tomorrow

I agree too

and the main offender of the gamesmanship penalized himself
cold tires from his messing around have him starting 11 tomorrow
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a podium

Will definitely have to work for it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

remember what happened last time he started as a backmarker?
I predict some wreckage on the way to the front

wouldn't surprise me if by the end of Sunday
The Feud is back on

pretty good charge to the podium
agressive but not dangerous

don't think I'm gonna pay for this coverage next year
racing has been okay, but Dorna is terrible at TV

a 45 minute live racing event doesn't have time for cutaways
the reaction shots are a complete waste of time

Lin Jarvis after a Yamaha crashes
icfbUdG.jpg

after a Honda passes a Yamaha
icfbUdG.jpg

after 2 Ducatis pass a Yamaha
icfbUdG.jpg

with 2 Yamahas on the podium
icfbUdG.jpg

when a Yamaha wins
icfbUdG.jpg

LOL at the yamahas getting pwned in the straights. Cant they have a supreme cornering machine AND HP?

Cue Winales_2017 in 3... 2... 1...

:cool:

And, not in the time frame you'd think I'd show up, either...

Lol @ Lin Jarvis post, the guy has permament resting ***** face, and this is from somene who has it, too. But I occasionally break out of it if I'm excited about stuff. Which as you said, never changes regardless of positive or negative situation.

Reactions: J_F

Back
Top Bottom