2018 CB500X Hesitation at cruise speed | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2018 CB500X Hesitation at cruise speed

What happens when the sprockets wear down? Bmw claims "drive shaft like".
That's an interesting question that may have a simple answer. How much of the sprocket wear is actually due to chain wear which then reduces the number of sprocket teeth carrying the load (so then they wear down quickly until the sprocket pitch matches the new chain pitch)? If the chain doesn't "stretch" how long would sprockets last? I think a very very long time if you keep most of the grit away.

Choose your own adventure.

Increase top speed
or
Increase torque

Since mine was mainly used to commute, i increased torque and enjoyed it... the few times i "toured" though i was at a higher rpm than i'm used to
On most bikes, I doubt you can increase top speed much. Most don't have much power left when they run out of gears. On many bikes, you probably lose top speed with longer gearing. You do move cruise rpm around though for better or worse depending on the bike, riding style, etc.

That's an interesting question that may have a simple answer. How much of the sprocket wear is actually due to chain wear which then reduces the number of sprocket teeth carrying the load (so then they wear down quickly until the sprocket pitch matches the new chain pitch)? If the chain doesn't "stretch" how long would sprockets last? I think a very very long time if you keep most of the grit aany other applications?
It can be bought in a 525 in various link sizes. Should work with 525 sprockets, yes?

On most bikes, I doubt you can increase top speed much. Most don't have much power left when they run out of gears. On many bikes, you probably lose top speed with longer gearing. You do move cruise rpm around though for better or worse depending on the bike, riding style, etc.
I know that a few people were able to get a few more km/h with longer gearing on the cb500x, as you said there are limitation obviously

Back
Top Bottom