2011 CBR125R Rebuild. Yes the one I posted in Reasonably prices thread. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 CBR125R Rebuild. Yes the one I posted in Reasonably prices thread.

Is it worth it all the hassle? Unless you grabbed this for free with some extras and case of beer, I don't see the point of spending money, time and effort trying to get 12 y/o 125 going. Some crazy deals out there on nice, running bikes if you have time to constantly check marketplace /Kijiji ads.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Looked at a 2000 Katana 600. $1100. Needed tires, battery, tuneup so another $1200. You can get cert ones for $2500.Only thing I’m might grab is a1996 Bandit 600 asking $500 bad motor. Found a low k kat 600 motor complete in frame can be heard running $300. Would still need about $1000 tires … but under $2000 and I like the bandits Staying in the 750 or under no SS for cheaper insurance. lots of fun and usually brake even or better.

Got the tools and removed the fuel line. Old fuel drained out. Turned key on noise from pump no fuel. Cranked engine no fuel Came out line. Removed fuel pump assembly. Power to fuel pump but not pumping fuel. $35 online delivered. Replacing filter under tank as well.

Still waiting on Fuel pump. amazon says delivered to my hand but I didn't get it. Also staying at mom's house for a bit do slow progress. She's 84 and decided to to have a Heart attack. Brought her in Sunday for chest pains out Friday afternoon. Doing well only concern for her is when can I golf.

Fixed throttle on Scooter waiting on Auto choke.

Started Shadow Spirit. Every fuel or vacuum line rotten.

Bought 1982 CB400T Hawk parts/project bike.

She’s already golfing. Organizing her daily and twice daily pills is fun. She is also purging the house. Doesn’t want to leave it to us when she dies. I get to help. I’m working on the knee or knees. Good one hurts more than the bad now. can’t crouch down enough or for any length of time. Waiting on mri. Doing therapy still job searching. Interviews are fun. I can’t stand for long, crouch or lift heavy objects. Trying to get back into IT or parts service at a dealer.

started on the shadow. Carbs cleaned, fuel lines replaced. Waiting on fuel filters for both bikes. Dealer wants $79 for the cbr and $80 for the shadow. Off Amazon $21 for 4. Front brake line rotted on the shadow. Bought the fuel pump but have lay on my back to see it.

Trying to get this lift but not answer to my messages. Only asking $375 for all.

1658508556736.jpeg

Ok small update. Filters arrived. Grabbed one and went to install. what direction does the fuel flow. Figured it out installed. Instant fuel leaking. Pulled it apart and new filter has a bad end. Second one looks good. no leaking this time. Fuel line into a water bottle turn key nothing. Then remember big white plug stupid. Key on fuel primes and flows.

I will check the valve clearances again on the weekend. Then fire it up.

Back
Top Bottom