2011 CBR125R Rebuild. Yes the one I posted in Reasonably prices thread. | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 CBR125R Rebuild. Yes the one I posted in Reasonably prices thread.

GVH

So very close to me and he seemed legit. Helping sister but everyone gave up on the project and stuck him with the bike and costs.

Bike in pieces, old motor not with bike just pieces. Literal bag O bolts. Motor with receipt from Sonic. Tires original and no service manual.

The plan as of Sunday was find the bolts. 3 10x120 flange bolt for engine. Plus 3 10 mill Flange nuts. Only 2 bolts 1 nut. No longer sold by Honda. Bolts Plus $16.95

Exhaust studs not in engine. Found a set of bolts right length. Found mounting bolts, washers and nuts in bag.

rASxONx.gif

pIji76T.gif

SmoSiv6.gif

Back in 2015 when I rebuilt mine, a brand new OEM piston, rings, cylinder, wrist pin, clips, and all 3 gaskets was a whopping $135. Hopefully still available and not too much inflation.

Or if you're interested, I have a used Malossi big bore kit (seems to be referred to as either 166 or 170 cc in different places). Needs new gaskets, though, and of course a way to enrich the fuel mixture (can be as simple as a CBR150 injector).

Is Honda actually already abandoning parts for these or is that just the regular supply chain chaos these days?

no service manual.

As I recall, the service manual for an actual 2011 CBR125R was impossible to get, so everyone made do with the 2007+ 125 manual for the motor, and the 2011+ 250 manual for the rest of the bike.

As I recall, the service manual for an actual 2011 CBR125R was impossible to get, so everyone made do with the 2007+ 125 manual for the motor, and the 2011+ 250 manual for the rest of the bike.

Haynes offers CBR125 CBR250 CBR300 all in one manual. $75 download or paper

Few more hours today. Motor is in. Much bad language and blood lots of blood. Needed all the hose clamps. Caught finger on one. had to remove front mounts to get motor in place. Then reattach front mounts. Then figure out where all the hoses go and what size clamps to get. All hooked up. Install wrong battery turn key. Nothing. Get tester out power here power there but nothing. Second pic red circle. Ground I forgot to attach. Much frustration. Bolt on starter was even half out saying attach something here stupid.

6BDORUT.gif

AeXaZfM.gif

How it looks now. Everything motor, electric wise hooked up. Cranks good not firing. Purchased new plug. Tried to drain tank but hose to big. Blocker in neck of thank. Got it half empty and bought new hi test fuel. Will try to drain the rest tonight.

yPTzsen.gif

You can use the fuel pump to drain the tank.

You can use the fuel pump to drain the tank.
Yes. Been reading the manuals and thanks for those. Will check fuel flow tonight and drain old gas. Reading about the possible codes to. Also found this website OEM & Genuine Honda CBR 125 racing Gepard oversize piston tuning set, many cool parts. Love the exhausts but no bling until it runs proper. Old cover surface rusted and moves even when bolts tight. $35 for flat silver high heat manifold paint and my labour or $190 CDN delivered to my door.

sERNoDq.jpg

Are you keeping this one instead of flipping it?

Don’t have a street bike at the moment. Nice kat 600 in Ottawa has my attention. The shadow spirit needs $1000-$1400 in parts plus time. Vespa lx150 needs tires, throttle assembly and auto choke. Last two ordered. I will keep the Vespa not sure about the shadow. Maybe try it for a season. Looking at the pic reminds me Vespa needs two reflectors as well

yG5oN3v.jpg

uSLlkoG.gif

Set the valve clearances if you have not already. Easy job on these. Engine will absolutely not start if valve clearance is too tight.

Mine wouldn't start reliably when I first got it. Someone had removed all the slack in the throttle cable, so when the bars were pointed to the right, the throttle body was cracked enough to cause the problem.

Stupid fuel line would not release. Set the bike up to check valves. Need to get more tools and feeler gauges from storage. Try it first thing tomorrow. Well 10 am ish.

Stupid fuel line would not release. Set the bike up to check valves. Need to get more tools and feeler gauges from storage. Try it first thing tomorrow. Well 10 am ish.

Here's a pic I took when I did mine at the injector end. You have to pinch it from both sides, and I do remember having a hard time with it at first. I also recall there being a rubber bit that fits in there as well.

1651203099325.png

Looked at the valve clearances today. Intake seems good. .06 feeler gets in with friction, resistance. Rear I only had .25 .279 feelers frame sticker says .27. .25 with a bit of friction .279 does not get in. Need a 9mm wrench to adjust. I also borrowed a spark tester. Very good light show. I’m going to remove fuel lines and injector and inspect tomorrow. I will also go over ever convection. Make sure no loose ones.

Back
Top Bottom