2006 Suzuki S40 650 "Savage" The $486 auction bike. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2006 Suzuki S40 650 "Savage" The $486 auction bike.

The half circle piece ? it's not broken. Well I don't think so. Holds the float seat in place. You can just see a bit of it in the first pic.
No, not the keeper. The broken piece that used to hold the pivot. It looks like both pivot towers used to be holes, not a hole and a seat.

The Python foot pegs have the correct angle and length of tabs. I found the correct size drill bit. After drilling they almost fit. After 15 minutes with a round file my friend told me to get away from that your wrecking it and he fixed it.

ss6gydm.gif

7VRcwF1.gif

Nice work.

Sorry greyghost. That piece was not in the carb. Someone put it back on the bike like this and drove it. We think the very high idle was on purpose to try to compensate for the constant flooding it must of had.

nice fix and flip gvh

Ive met and talked with the owner of sonic. interesting and smart guy. he had some pics on the wall of 80's superbikes and we got talking.
told me he was a jet navigator at one time, and now owns a military jet he pilots for fun - !!!

90% of his business is to the USA. His parts all come from china. That said, you might want to just find a used carb for your bike. but I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
Sorry greyghost. That piece was not in the carb. Someone put it back on the bike like this and drove it. We think the very high idle was on purpose to try to compensate for the constant flooding it must of had.
It's a pretty low stress and low movement location. I would be inclined to rebuild the tower with jb weld (or similar) and ghetto line bore to get the hole back.

So this is the quick fix for now. Sitting since last night no gas in airbox. Fired up and idles. I did think JB or similar but not sure it would work sitting in gas. Just melt. We had much discussion on that.

Aevdtrx.gif

Thanks boyoboy. Bike will need tires to cert. Originals on it. I need to drive it around the building many times and idle. Then smell the oil again to see if is leaking. I also need to adjust the clutch cable. It felt loose and we Fckd with it to adjust tighten it. Then when it didn't help we googled it. Bike must be running as it has some sort of internal bit that tightens it up when running. Looking at two GS500F for another possible project.

I was looking a $300 cm400t a few months back. No ownership or keys. It is a parts only bike. They didn't reattach the carbs and left it outside. But sitting near by was this. Ugly unloved scratches all over US bike. Rot holes in the tank. $500 says runs has ownership keys. I may have just found the clean donner bike. Otherwise a DT400 but the chain hit the case. As long as it's cheap enough and is easy enough to resell.

eZzi8Ck.gif

nice fix and flip gvh

Ive met and talked with the owner of sonic. interesting and smart guy. he had some pics on the wall of 80's superbikes and we got talking.
told me he was a jet navigator at one time, and now owns a military jet he pilots for fun - !!!

90% of his business is to the USA. His parts all come from china. That said, you might want to just find a used carb for your bike. but I don't know, just thinking out loud.
EDIT- whoops again, It wasn't sonic but rather sirius consolidated now out of cambridge ontario. not sure if this is the same business (sonic).
sheeesh, woke up a litlle foggy today lol

Last edited:
Well no real progress on the S40 as it doesn't need it. After sitting for a few weeks it starts idles and drives fine. Drove it around the building in first and second gear no problems. No new white gunk in filter. So last think to do is sell it. New project is already purchased just sorting ownership and keys.

So $1000 as is still needs tires. Shinko Tour Master in 100/90/19 $92 and 130/90/15 $90 from Petes
WViIpAL.gif

A7aq5nS.gif

Back
Top Bottom