2002 GSXR horn dead | GTAMotorcycle.com

2002 GSXR horn dead

Hey guys, does anyone know where to buy parts for 2002 Suzuki GSXR? the horn on mine died and the mechanic says the harness is good and receiving power so it must be the actual switch on the handlebar. I understand I have to replace the entire housing that has the headlight turn signal and horn switches but no clue where to buy such parts. Also anyone have any experience changing oil on a 02 gsxr? Its the Telefonica edition so my understanding is I have to remove the fairings. Other then draining the oil and replacing the filter is there anything else involved? someone mentioned to me replacing an O ring as well. First time oil changer but I want to do it myself - any advise is appreciated.

Youtube your oil change and you will be fine.

you can get the switch parts from any dealer but you should test the switch to ensure that is the problem. Use a multimeter to see if connection is passed when the switch is pressed or released.

Dont be afraid to ask for help and take pictures.

google is your freind.

WHo is your mechanic? if the horn is receiving power - then its not a switch issue.

For some reason you need that part - its a dealer only part. or used.

I had the same problem on my 04, the problem was the horn. Test with multimeter with switch depressed.

Horn is only $25 at crappy tire or princess auto

Sent from my tablet using my paws

thanks a lot! yea the mechanic tested it with the multi meter and he confirmed its the horn switch. he told me he can just make me a new one with a little red button but I would rather have it done right so when I go to sell I don't get questions. heading to CT now.

I would wager the switch can be repaired without needing a new one. Maybe just need to clean it out.

I would wager the switch can be repaired without needing a new one. Maybe just need to clean it out.

The switches are not as simple as it looks. There are small ball bearings which pivot the switches. Just remember how they are assembled. It was a nightmare putting things back

The switches are not as simple as it looks. There are small ball bearings which pivot the switches. Just remember how they are assembled. It was a nightmare putting things back

its not too bad. OP might just want to clean the contact out to see if that resolves the issue.

Those switch boxes aren't sealed that well - over time the contacts will corrode.

I have a bunch of horns that are still in the scrap bin if you want to try one that works. scarborough

Back
Top Bottom