2 up tank mounted handle for SS | GTAMotorcycle.com

2 up tank mounted handle for SS

EaZ8

anyone using one of these?
my girl wants a handle to grab onto and ive seen some pics of the tank mounted ones that screw in to your gas cap using longer screws.

any one recommend a brand and a place to get it from?
i kinda want it within a week, took some vac time next week to do some riding with her.

*waits patiently for @cbcanada to enter thread and offer use of his 'handle'*

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

vinxxgrip.jpg

51qzScqC5XL._SX466_.jpg

http://www.vinxxgrip.ch/en/the-product

At first glance I thought it looked stupid, but that video has made me like it.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Betting that could cause a vagina-like injury in a crash. IMHO

Betting that could cause a vagina-like injury in a crash. IMHO
My exact same thought what the hell would that do to me in a sudden get off??? Why not go with "belt" type handles? Unless she needs it secured because your constantly "launching" the bike or getting up on one wheel constantly..lol

Use the belt type.

Go to Docs leathers and ask them to sew some leather straps onto the side of your jacket. Something low profile and not noticeable. Can avoid the belt thingamajig. Can call them 'love handles' LoL

My exact same thought what the hell would that do to me in a sudden get off??? Why not go with "belt" type handles? Unless she needs it secured because your constantly "launching" the bike or getting up on one wheel constantly..lol

It's already not that uncommon for a pelvis to split from hitting the tank in a high speed crash. The fewer pointy metal bits in front of me, the better.

I'd hate to rip my gonads off with that.

Functionally these things are brilliant. They had one on a bike at the CSS when I did a couple of laps behind one of the instructors.

I tried both belt types with my kid when he was younger. The one attached to the rider is useless and all you can feel is a bunch of loose weight floating around pulling for in all directions. Its better if you get the passenger to brace them selves on the tank.

The one attached to the bike is fine for acceleration but the rider is still pushing on you under braking.

You need to kick the btch off you bike if she needs handles..... Left hand on pillion seat strap, right hand thumb locked in your right jacket pocket. Pulls hand out and places on tank for hard braking if necessary.

I wheelie 2 up with my old lady like this. No complaints ever, only smiles. If she wanted handles, she would be on her own bike. It's about being connected when riding two up, not on a double bicycle lmao

Yeah for sure.. Or bring your Allen with you and ship it to one of those receiving places, then mount it in a parking lot

found a local shop that is a dealer for them, they are going to get me a price this week.

Me too. At first I was all, wtf is that for.
The video hit it home.
I like the idea. After being on the back of my friends bike. (girl. Not girlfriend. I am married) I did not want to grab her. I had to hang onto the tank.
This would totally rock. If I had another male passenger, I don't want to look Ghey. This would work.
Not that there is anything wrong with being Ghey.

Back
Top Bottom