1994 BMW R100GS Rebuild | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

1994 BMW R100GS Rebuild

The signal slide onto a plastic stock with a screw to secure it. Most want $45 US used but it lists for $9 new. One USA dealers site says he has stock. Emailed them. Seat needs rear corner fixed. That’s the black section not the yellow so not to hard to fix. Researching handle bars most say the standard 7/8 bars are just to big. Must get proper 22 mm. Also a high low option from factory. Need to decide what I have. Working on finishing the 2007 Bandit today. Sold cert so need to install some parts after picking it up from shop. Needed newtires to cert.

OK
aNVb4ER.gif

73BuxRd.gif

rvz5ax8.gif

thought I hit preview ?? stupid deliciouse craft beer
First right switch work perfectly just not sure it's water tight anymore. Found one used north of Guelph.
Dent in tank close up, Front signal and stem.

Last seat rip/rub
iKJSPRY.gif

Key arrived at dealer today. $40 cut from serial number for a basic key. Works perfectly. I will be chasing some previouse owner wiring to see what it is about and then tanks back on.

... you won't find a cheaper or better way to fix that saddle then to just cover it with leather.
tape the loose torn parts down with gorilla tape before you hit that area with contact cement.

find an old leather couch that is getting scrapped out for the leather.

My local guy Apple Auto quoted $150 to to do just the black section. Seems an OK price. Waiting as the Solo with extra luggage mount looks sweet. Kijiji ad. I picked up the buyers package for the R100 will doing the Bandit. Last and only Ontario owner was out of Hamilton. Bike registered in QC before that. Guy with Solo seat and few other R100GS parts is Hamilton / Dundase. Really want to ask if he has some used luggage to. Auction was Hamilton.

Would probably cost me about 15$ in glue.

but I would cover the whole thing probably in 2 parts since you have that seam down the middle.

So been looking at right switch gear. Mine has an option for turning lights on or off. Most I see listed are from USA and don’t have that. Lights always on. Looks like more parts from Germany. Also less than half price shipped than USA sellers.

Why aren't you buying used?
Woddy has a couple of BMW's out back.

Everything is used just from Germany. I never buy new unless I have to.
sounds expensive compared to Woody, what are you paying
about 50 bucks?

small dab of vaseline on the tank where it wrinkles, will keep it from rusting more.
a stitch in in time saves nine lol - or at least until you decide on how to fix. shrug.

Parts I'm talking about are still on bikes out back, not the same models but close enough for control sets to match or work.
he's a hunter closed during hunting season.

Only a few years match up. The plugs are different on the k bikes. Not hard to splice and dice if needed but correct would be nice. My R100gs has off switch for lights. Most used don’t unless from Europe.

When did headlights always on become law ? I kind figured 1994 would require it.

it might cost more for a trip to woodys and back from hamilton area.
The way I see it, one trip to Perth with some hand tools, or several small shipments of individual pieces from a foreign country.

OK I called woodys no direct R bike stuff at all. Some K bike stuff. Would be nice to find a local ish used dealer. Added two items this week

brake master with mount showed up last week. Switch gear showed up in 3 days from eastern euro. Only needs front signal mount or an ugly bodge job and possibly bars. More brake bleeding to come. Oh and happy halloween. 27 kids this year double last.

gyM1if0.gif

j7VkZfw.gif

wzWrGzV.gif

Not much done since last post. All petcock seals rebuild bits back ordered or discontinued. Factory in tank fuel filters and seals not available anymore in Canada. Was bidding on Tires through Flying Squirrel auction but out bid.

My 2008 Ranger is getting the love right now. Hard starting when cold and wet. Original 2008 plugs and wires being replaced Tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom