1986 FZ600 "Black Yamba" | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

1986 FZ600 "Black Yamba"

Man are you reading my mind or something, or did you break into it somehow, or your reading my blog....

That is exactly what I was looking for and trying to source out a place to do it....I was going for the stealth look as well.....

So now you have to tell me the place you got it done, how much and so on....PM if it's better......I need a few other things made up like, FZ750.....

I owe you a Tim's,,,,,or a beer

Oh man they look SO GOOD ON THE BIKE! lol Nah I've checked out a few of your pics but haven't paid much attention to the details to be honest lol too busy with my build and work haha I just love the stealth look. My Ram is all black too.

I don't drink coffee but I'll take a beer :D - I got them from aarcdecals on ebay - they're located in BC.

Looking very good my man and yeah Gatekeeper is getting jealous. I can tell by his writing.

Good point on the DYI. Like all paint jobs, it's all in the prep. If your base is smooth and clean, adhesion is not a problem but many folks do a half assed job (usually in a hurry) and it turns to crap. I have done 5 that way and, touch wood, no issues. I have actually had more problems with proper auto 2 part. Someday I'd like to be able to afford a TJ special but for now I'll be shooting the cans.

Anyhoo not long now 'til we are riding so keep at her.

Thank you! :D

I know I should sand down to bare plastic and do it "right" but there are 3 layers of someone elses paint to go through, and that's just crazy... their paint stuck on over the years, so scuffing it up really good with some 220 grit sandpaper, finishing with some 400 before I spray the 2 part urethane black primer over should work! Well, we'll see anyway... paint should be here next week and I plan on doing this Friday when it's at least in the + degrees.

Easy work made by use of a DA sander. Not like you have to do it all by hand. Lol

Don't know how many different ways I have to say I'm not sanding down to the plastic..... LOL :D :D

IF and only IF this doesn't work, I'll just get new fairings (next year), which will already be bare plastic.... haha, these are jacked up, no way I'm putting more effort into them now.... just want to get them reasonable looking for riding this year! :D

Btw if you want me to shoot yours when I do mine stop by next weekend! Will yours be prepped by then?

Sorry I'm not sure who you were referring to. I am working on Gatekeeper's stuff right now and will be priming his side panels today after doing some plastic repair. He has the tank and front fender yet to bring me so he is not quite ready. I think he is intending on painting with Plastidip anyway.

On my FZ I have some scrapes to fix but my main issues are getting mirrors that I can actually see out of and redoing the handlebars. Clip-ons don't do it for my neck shoulders and back so I'm working on some stock type bars and risers to bring me into a more upright position. It's great bike but not for old farts like me.

I was talkin to RZ sorry for the confusion. :D

Good luck with mirrors! I find lifting my arm up and looking under it is easiest to take a glance out of the mirror... I think some handlebar end ones would work nicely.

Well as far as mirrors, I have tried everything but I'm till not happy. The stockers don't go out far enough and due to the bar end weights which are screwed in, a bar end mirror won't fit. I did make some extensions for the stockers but they look wack so it is back to the drawing board. Actually mirrors from the new FZ1 look like a possibility as they stick out about 9 or 10 inches when fitted in the stock position. However, if I do go to a superbike bar I will have the standard mirror mounts to use and that might work. We'll see.

I was talkin to RZ sorry for the confusion. :D

Good luck with mirrors! I find lifting my arm up and looking under it is easiest to take a glance out of the mirror... I think some handlebar end ones would work nicely.

Bar end - mirrors I'm going to be doing the same.

I would go bar end too - seem to be the best location for mirrors, but since mine still "work" I'm leavin' em for now, even if they do look like alien tentacles.

Waiting sucks. Waiting for paint, waiting for my tires to get mounted, waiting for new aluminum 49t (+3 over stock) sprocket to arrive, along with some other misc parts and goodies. Oh, and waiting for snow to melt. Feels like summer being 3 degrees out today though!

yup waiting sucks.....

I got a cheap battery yesterday, one just to see if my electrical will work as it should, and if it lasts a season I will be happy....found a decal set as well asking to see if they can do it in black reflective, could be a good deal for 42 bucks....if they can do it in black....

and thanks for the reminder, I need to order tires.....up one size in the back....for the phat look.....LOL

I'll join the "waiting sucks" movement. Waiting for dry clean roads. I'll even take low positive temps. I can bundle up. :)

lol! So after waiting and waiting I finally got my rubber mounted up and took my lunch break today to put them on the bike! How sweet is this looking?? :D

lol! So after waiting and waiting I finally got my rubber mounted up and took my lunch break today to put them on the bike! How sweet is this looking?? :D

Looks great! Awesome job, you should definitely be proud of your hard work. I'm guessing that gap at the back is a part you're waiting for?

Very nice......if only the roads were clean and dry.....

Can I ask, what tires did you get ?

Thanks! I went with Dunlop GT501's, read nothing but good reviews. I went one size wider (130 on back 110 on front).

Looks great! Awesome job, you should definitely be proud of your hard work. I'm guessing that gap at the back is a part you're waiting for?

Thank you very much!! :D The back piece is just waiting for paint, same with the side/bottom fairings.

Back
Top Bottom