1199 Panigale sight unseen? | GTAMotorcycle.com

1199 Panigale sight unseen?

If I was in the market I'd absolutely buy it sight unseen. The pics are enough, it's a beauty.

If I had the money, I'd buy one. But it'd be a complete poser purchase. I still don't know how to ride smaller displacement bikes. I'll be a turtle on that bike.

Contemplating it. Major holdback is being tall at 6'3, I'm worried it's too small. It's so damn beautiful though.

Not me. I don't think it's going to be a great road bike, and I am totally enthralled by the RSV4 even though performance-wise, it may not compare in numbers. But then it didn't compare in numbers to the S1000RR, and yet it usually beat it by a fair margin on track tests (in outright time and in overall comparison). On the street, these things don't even matter - get what blows your hair back.

Not me. I don't think it's going to be a great road bike, and I am totally enthralled by the RSV4 even though performance-wise, it may not compare in numbers. But then it didn't compare in numbers to the S1000RR, and yet it usually beat it by a fair margin on track tests (in outright time and in overall comparison). On the street, these things don't even matter - get what blows your hair back.

I have to respectfully disagree on the road bike comment I will take a guess and say it's going to be their best Superbike road bike to date to be honest, in terms of reliability, service cost, service interval, tank range, comfort etc. The gas tank is larger and thank goodness they have gone back to alluminum, it should be easier to start with the decompression system and with less strain on the battery now it uses full LED (On S). There are a ton of features developed into this bike to make it more road bike friendly, so not only will it be a great track tool it should be one of their most practical superbikes yet, as practical as a superbike can be of course so its all relative.

I guess we'll see but I'm seeing just the opposite. The bike has some serious kit on it that is going to need maintenance - maybe not the valvetrain (but then, they did raise the rev ceiling) but things like the hardcore slipper clutch, the TTX shock et al. Also, such a light bike is in itself going to be a bit of a handful, my 385lbs (full of fuel) GSX-R is light enough that I have actually had it blown feet off line by wind. And it vibrates, is somewhat loud in its mechanical working... the lighter bikes are, the less refined they tend to be. I predict that the Panigale will be pretty hardcore.

But who knows... there's tech in this bike we haven't seen before. Maybe.

Good point, it may all be advertising smoke and mirrors :). There have been a few complains from those that have seen it about cosmetic stuff like flimsy looking bodywork but we shall see. can't wait to throw a leg over one though.

I guess we'll see but I'm seeing just the opposite. The bike has some serious kit on it that is going to need maintenance - maybe not the valvetrain (but then, they did raise the rev ceiling) but things like the hardcore slipper clutch, the TTX shock et al. Also, such a light bike is in itself going to be a bit of a handful, my 385lbs (full of fuel) GSX-R is light enough that I have actually had it blown feet off line by wind. And it vibrates, is somewhat loud in its mechanical working... the lighter bikes are, the less refined they tend to be. I predict that the Panigale will be pretty hardcore.

Contemplating it. Major holdback is being tall at 6'3, I'm worried it's too small. It's so damn beautiful though.

It's worth checking out despite your height. I'm 6'4" and the 1198 fits me well.

Interesting comment about the wind effect. I find my much lighter S1000RR not as affected by wind as my CBR1000F. I presume it has to do with profile and aerodynamics but I don't really know the cause only the effect.

Just saw the 1199 at the show. It's stunning. Nicest design.....ever. I'm thoroughly impressed. It made the MVs look like crap, too.

So, you buying one Simon?

Apex in Waterloo has deposits on seven of them i was told.This thing is gonna be hot!

So much for that, was going to buy one but I make it look like a toy. Can't justify spending 25K out the door.
For other taller riders wondering how it looks, I'm 6'3" for your reference.

1199.jpg

Just saw the 1199 at the show. It's stunning. Nicest design.....ever. I'm thoroughly impressed. It made the MVs look like crap, too.

Agreed, I was really looking forward to the F3 but that 1199 kept calling me back. If anyone on here has ordered one I can't imagine being disappointed.

On a sidenote, the MVs looked dated and unimpressive up close. Crappy and highly visible exhaust welds, mediocre fitting bodywork, etc. And theyre chunky and uncomfortable too.

I've read the specs on this bike and after seeing an actual pic up above I think the 1199 might be the bike to pull me away from Kawi!

Back
Top Bottom