10kish or less bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

10kish or less bike

Since the others have the bases covered for sporty nakeds I’ll weigh in with your touring and ergos bits. I had a Triumph Tiger 1050 that wasn’t a slouch and should easily come in at your price point. Probably more than 3 years old though but super comfy and offers a little more “go anywhere” cred although it’s still a road bike really. Also the KTM1190s offer most of what you want and a healthily specced one with the wrinkles ironed out (saddle heat and air box issues) and touring bags added might be in that budget range. Nice engines and the wire wheels versions have good off road pedigree if your interested in that. Pretty sure there’s a road orientated cast wheel version too that has plenty of fans.

All these bikes are reasonably tall though if that’s an issue,

Money wise you’re close enough to a S1000r that I would either wait till you find on for $10,000 or save a little more. There’s a red one in Trenton that’s been posted for sale for a while at $10,900, never know might be able to get that for close to your budget. Should be able to pick up a 2014-2015 Aprilia Tuono for that as well. I sold my 2014 a couple years ago for around $10,500 (can’t remember exactly) and I saw a nice 2015 posted for a while at $9000 with low mileage recently.

Wild card because it’s over your budget but it’s new so maybe can justify it by financing or something. KTM 790 duke.

Regardless I’d skip the Shiver though if you didn’t think the street triple had enough jam.

Money wise you’re close enough to a S1000r that I would either wait till you find on for $10,000 or save a little more. There’s a red one in Trenton that’s been posted for sale for a while at $10,900, never know might be able to get that for close to your budget. Should be able to pick up a 2014-2015 Aprilia Tuono for that as well. I sold my 2014 a couple years ago for around $10,500 (can’t remember exactly) and I saw a nice 2015 posted for a while at $9000 with low mileage recently.

Wild card because it’s over your budget but it’s new so maybe can justify it by financing or something. KTM 790 duke.

Regardless I’d skip the Shiver though if you didn’t think the street triple had enough jam.

Just read a few articles on that 790 Duke...seems like a good one for what I what want.

Gonna check on those other ones you mentioned

I actually really, really, like this bike. I went hunting for quotes to replace my FZ and this was at the top of my list.

Now mind you i didn't work hard at it but this was blacklisted by more then 1 company, along with:

• S1000R
  • Tuono 1100
  • Super Duke R
Meanwhile, FZ10 was only $20/month more then my FZ09. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::rolleyes:
There is a 2015 tuono for a good price and very close to my budget...this is the top of the top for this category.

There is a 2015 tuono for a good price and very close to my budget...this is the top of the top for this category.
I would caution against Aprilia as your only bike. They can be temperamental and the part supply chain can be an issue. I'd hate to need a part for whatever reason and be out 2 months of the riding season because of it. I would spend some time on the owners fourms asking questions or pickup a 2nd cheap bike (Grom?) just in case the worst happens you aren't staring outside at the nice weather while your ride sits at the shop.

That being said, it'a fantastic machine. I plan to find a way to own an Italian V4 after i finish paying off my wedding.

Better if you can get a '17+

Didn't know how much I'd love cruise control. Tft dash is real nice. Fueling is better on the '17+
Euro4 exhaust is brutal though. Huge...

The early tuonos had stator issues. Some early batches had cam pitting problems. (I'm talking 2012). By '15 this was mostly a non-issue.

Parts cost isn't far off Japanese bikes. Vos, Two Wheel Motorsports, and Corsa Mechannica would be your closest dealers.

Do it.
856e5c0c8eaab7d67b1126483dda2242.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Better if you can get a '17+

Didn't know how much I'd love cruise control. Tft dash is real nice. Fueling is better on the '17+
Euro4 exhaust is brutal though. Huge...

The early tuonos had stator issues. Some early batches had cam pitting problems. (I'm talking 2012). By '15 this was mostly a non-issue.

Parts cost isn't far off Japanese bikes. Vos, Two Wheel Motorsports, and Corsa Mechannica would be your closest dealers.

Do it.
856e5c0c8eaab7d67b1126483dda2242.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
That's right and I plan to use it to take it on long trips...that cc would be great as I have used it on a buddies triumph and it's niiice. So I my 17 plus has that ...good to know. Corsa guys are amazing btw.

I would caution against Aprilia as your only bike. They can be temperamental and the part supply chain can be an issue. I'd hate to need a part for whatever reason and be out 2 months of the riding season because of it. I would spend some time on the owners fourms asking questions or pickup a 2nd cheap bike (Grom?) just in case the worst happens you aren't staring outside at the nice weather while your ride sits at the shop.

That being said, it'a fantastic machine. I plan to find a way to own an Italian V4 after i finish paying off my wedding.

Noooo!! ?‍♂️

While picking up my 990SMT from service at GP Bikes I noticed they have 2 new left over CB1100's at $10,500 plus tax etc. They're both white I think like the bike shown in the link below.

Nice bike. Long range comfy, endless accessorizing/customizing possibilities and it's a Honda.

Honda CB1100 - Wikipedia

GP also has a nice GSX-S1000 as well that would fit your needs well.

FJ09 was brought up earlier, as was FZ09
J variant is very much the same bike
ergos more upright, some element protection
mediocre suspension and braking, but they have gotten better in later years

J is much more suitable if you want to do some tripping
you could find several low km 3 year old bikes for under 10K

and you'd love the cross plane triple
Yamaha quality is of course unquestionable

I tried really hard to love my FZ-09 but just couldn't get passed it feeling like a toy.I'll echo some of the others and say I think I would buy as much Tuono as 10k will get you...

I tried really hard to love my FZ-09 but just couldn't get passed it feeling like a toy.I'll echo some of the others and say I think I would buy as much Tuono as 10k will get you...

Leaning towards the shiver...8500 plus tax new and not a dime a dozen bike

So a few bikes I have come down to and one which is slightly out of budget.

2015 BMW s1000r 11k
2014 Aprilia tuono 11k
2019 my 09
2019 ktm 790 super Duke... although this got great reviews looks so much like a toy...I will be using everyday and long trips.

The mt I know is like a toy as well, but the reliability of a Yamaha and low maintenance is hard to argue with

Reactions: J_F
So a few bikes I have come down to and one which is slightly out of budget.

2015 BMW s1000r 11k
2014 Aprilia tuono 11k
2019 my 09
2019 ktm 790 super Duke... although this got great reviews looks so much like a toy...I will be using everyday and long trips.

The mt I know is like a toy as well, but the reliability of a Yamaha and low maintenance is hard to argue with
Have you looked at insurance on these?

the Tracer version of the MT09 has better protection for tripping
and a much more capable tourer than any of those bikes

don't think you're gonna see water proof panniers for the BMW or the Aprilia
quick image search shows nada
can't seriously imagine any sort of decent trip without them
but this being GTAM
someone will spend 2 hours on 'net to prove me wrong

don't think you're gonna see water proof panniers for the BMW or the Aprilia
quick image search shows nada
can't seriously imagine any sort of decent trip without them

There are a lot of softcases that come waterproofed, like the Hepco Beckers.

Here's one on a S1000R

but this being GTAM
someone will spend 2 hours on 'net to prove me wrong

Two minutes. ;)

Back
Top Bottom