10kish or less bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

10kish or less bike

So I have been riding sports for quite sometime...last bike 2 years ago was a 09 street triple...great bike but need a little more oomph.

Have over 20 years of experience and now am looking at a new or newer bike around 10k or less , no more then 3 years old .

I don't want a cruiser or a full out touring bike, but something that I can ride everyday and some spirited weekend rides but also some longer weekend rides.

I have my eye on a 19 Aprilia shiver , but im here To ask for opinions.

Thanks!

Cool bike, but you're probably not going to see any ooomph increase over your street triple. You could save a little cash and get the extra ooomph from a GSXR750. Or for about the same price, get a Z900 Kawi and kick all the sub liter nakeds around the block.

FJ9 maybe

040715top2-i.jpg

Yamaha FJ 0-9 | Sport Touring | Markham / York Region | Kijiji

Tho uncertain about extra oomph....115 hp versus 109 ...but more relaxed seating and some weather protection.

S1000xr would get you what you want but more than your budget - 165 HP sleeper.:eek:
BMW-S1000XR_800_600_80.jpg

GXR 1000?

$_59.JPG

Not so sure on the more relaxed riding but step up in power. I do like in-line 4s. Right on budget too.

2016 GSXR 1000 | Sport Bikes | London | Kijiji

Cool bike, but you're probably not going to see any ooomph increase over your street triple. You could save a little cash and get the extra ooomph from a GSXR750. Or for about the same price, get a Z900 Kawi and kick all the sub liter nakeds around the block.

No gsxr as I don't want a full sport..but yes that kawi is on the radar but the seat is super low and a more cramped leg bike for my 6 ft frame

FJ9 maybe

040715top2-i.jpg

Yamaha FJ 0-9 | Sport Touring | Markham / York Region | Kijiji

Tho uncertain about extra oomph....115 hp versus 109 ...but more relaxed seating and some weather protection.

S1000xr would get you what you want but more than your budget - 165 HP sleeper.:eek:
BMW-S1000XR_800_600_80.jpg

GXR 1000?

$_59.JPG

Not so sure on the more relaxed riding but step up in power. I do like in-line 4s. Right on budget too.

2016 GSXR 1000 | Sport Bikes | London | Kijiji
Yes the s1000r was the top pick but it's out of the budget , but you are absolutely right

Ninja 1000. Not the ZX10R, the Ninja 1000/1000SX Sport-Touring version.

No gsxr as I don't want a full sport..but yes that kawi is on the radar but the seat is super low and a more cramped leg bike for my 6 ft frame
Try the FZ09.

Surely you jest, fz09 is the more aggressive machine.

10k will get you a very nice set of wheels if you shop very carefully.I picked up my 09 Duc MTS 1100s for $7100 last fall.

Being on a budget means stay FAR away from bikes like Ducati and especially BMW tho.

Surely you jest, fz09 is the more aggressive machine.
I'd say the MT09 is and Z900 would be a tough decision... I left the MT09 (and others) out because it's priced close to $11K, Kawi, Suzuki and Aprila choices are all about $10K -- the stated budget.

As for kicking around the block, I've ridden both the MT09 and Z900. The MT is a hooligan through the first 2 gears, everything after that is Z900 (hard for me to say... if you know me I'm all in Yamaha). I MT also has a puny 14l tank puts me looking for fuel every 200km.

If you're spending $10K on a used specimen -- the door opens a lot wider.

The two bikes that come to mind are a the Ninja 1000 and GSX-S1000F. Both can be found a couple of years old for $10k and will definitely satisfy your desire for more "oomph". Both will be comfortable on longer spirited rides. However, if you're concerned about cramped knees the Versys 1000 has the same motor as the Ninja 1000 with a slightly different tune. It would be WAY more comfortable and still a lot of fun.

Have ridden both(z900, fz09)
Both are nice, z900 is mellow and steady.
fz09 is anything but mellow.

Still slap myself on the regular for selling the fz.

Have ridden both(z900, fz09)
Both are nice, z900 is mellow and steady.
fz09 is anything but mellow.

Still slap myself on the regular for selling the fz.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Details.

That's another one and have been wanting to ride one for a fee years ..heard nothing but great things minus the comfort factor.
Comfort factor is bananas...not sure what you heard. Unless you mean the suspension, yeah that is the letdown. If you tighten it up from stock you should be good unless you`re going hard in the corners, then it feels a bit like a soggy mess. But off the line and power wheeling through the first few gears will have you grinning so much you'll forget it.

Opt for the '17+ if you want upgraded suspension and adjustable TC to keep the front end down. '19+ got the quickshifter.

I'd say the MT09 is and Z900 would be a tough decision... I left the MT09 (and others) out because it's priced close to $11K, Kawi, Suzuki and Aprila choices are all about $10K -- the stated budget.

As for kicking around the block, I've ridden both the MT09 and Z900. The MT is a hooligan through the first 2 gears, everything after that is Z900 (hard for me to say... if you know me I'm all in Yamaha). I MT also has a puny 14l tank puts me looking for fuel every 200km.

If you're spending $10K on a used specimen -- the door opens a lot wider.
Touche.

I put 15,000km on my FZ before she was taken from me and i really had to try hard to find a reason to spin it past 6k rpm.

Fueling i would say is a wash, almost anything 'fun' 600+ will have you hunting for fuel around the 200km mark.

Sat on the z900, liked the ergos, liked the sound, liked the price, dash made me vomit.

What about a GSX-S1000 (with or without fairings on the older models)?

b09b72207edcdbbb8c92f89047b2cb53_1424x1424.jpg
I actually really, really, like this bike. I went hunting for quotes to replace my FZ and this was at the top of my list.

Now mind you i didn't work hard at it but this was blacklisted by more then 1 company, along with:

• S1000R
  • Tuono 1100
  • Super Duke R
Meanwhile, FZ10 was only $20/month more then my FZ09. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom