Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia | Page 55 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia

Sure about what?
They fit it correctly - I just could not get them tight on my hips as the waist fitment straps were stiff...no surprise.... or are you just bored :rolleyes:
•••••

81yZdcrvufL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

These arrived today for the ebIke gear and happy with the fit and feel. D3O armour.
amazing tech.
Will see how they feel actually riding the eBike ..tempted to remove the REVit knee armour and just use this as better knee coverage and would stay in place. Armour in pants is always subject to moving around.
Wearing the armour directly less so. Certainly for the HWK pants tho not sure it will fit under. Should be okay on the REVit.
But then the armour costs twice as much as those pants.;)

Last edited:
A Canuck Itchy Boots complete with pooch and hubby.

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F230106122921-01-woman-riding-motorcycle-around-the-world-with-dog-ak.jpg

Good for rainy days waiting on Noraly 🍿

Well I cannot find Season 1 in any sort of order ....trying Season 2 - starting after the lead up interviews etc.

Not getting a lot from it other than product pitches but this one brought back some memories of Hyder with my kid

Last edited:
Do these motorcycle streamers make their money off the stream? Or are they already rich enough they can take X months off in a year and travel as they please?

Do these motorcycle streamers make their money off the stream? Or are they already rich enough they can take X months off in a year and travel as they please?
Probably more from merchandise, paid product positioning, etc than cheques from YouTube. While you can make a living from YouTube, it takes a long time to get there and you need a hell of a lot of subscribers.

Probably more from merchandise, paid product positioning, etc than cheques from YouTube. While you can make a living from YouTube, it takes a long time to get there and you need a hell of a lot of subscribers.
Ya but you don’t get advertisers just because.

Chicken and the egg. No advertisers without subscriber count, no subscribers without content, no content without money of some sort to float.

She's self made but it was no easy route to wealth.

Ewen McGregor has enough money to self finance his jaunts ...Noraly didn't.

It is a very enjoyable journey to watch her progress over time.

She's become a very good rider ( and a wealthy one ) - genuine and lots of fun.
Killed myself laughing at this one

She does all her own editing and filming. bowing69.png
There are a few wannabes out there - they don't measure up ....tho Kinga is okay.

Last edited:
Gorgeous day 22 on the deck which let me put a long sleeve shirt on for the early morning mozzies.

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at Jan, 20    2023    6.14.23 AM.jpg
Even cooler on the Tablelands. Likely head to Millaa Millaa. Won't leave too early as Gillies can be slippery with dew and green moss and it's been a few days since I've ridden. I suppose I could go down the coast and see how the cassowaries are, :unsure:

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at Jan, 20    2023    6.21.32 AM.jpg

Dodged a bit of rain and decided on the Palmerston, stopped at the refresh on the corner of the turn uphill and refreshed the water bottle.
1674179004772.png Was getting a bit of range anxiety climbing the range on blinking red but had lots left on a 13 liter tank....360 km. Fill up at Millaa Millaa and decided to go further
1674178943758.png

1674178970203.png

Quick jaunt over to Ravenshoe and at a so so roadhouse ...so so flat white and an okay beef sandwich that might have had onions on it which might be bad news later.

24 at Ravenshoe ...feels warmer at noon ....will have mild tailwind going home. Not even 12 now so will take it easy ....good book.
Annoyed that I did not do a decent job on the visor before I left.
Not bad for a first run after a while. Spider set up housekeeping around the bike. Felt bad disconnecting his elaborate web which had 4 anchor points just on one side. He lived to spin another day.
1674241179068.png

303 km as I ended up going down the Gillies after all. Home before 3 pm.
1674192219400.png
Pants were easier to adjust today...they are still a bit stiff...next ride I'm sure I can sort the waist adjustment perfectly.

Spent the ride annoyed at myself for not cleaning the visor properly after getting caught in that rain storm. Pulled it off and will do a good clean tho could not see how the sun visor released.

Actually would like to find a clear visor for C3 without the anti-fog feature.

A bit less tired than after most all day runs with a Gillies in the mix.
Still was thinking tonight it's only 3 1/2 years since I did that solo cross Canada on the CB500x and those return days from Jasper were all 750 km or more. Mind you it was the trans Canada ( northern ) most of the way til I got to Ontario and it was June so long daylight ....but damn that was a trek.

Glad I did it as stamina declines so quick over 70..I was 71 at the time.
For now I'll
1__#$!@%!#__Pasted Graphic.tiff
but the riding horizon is getting closer. One reason I hate giving up a riding day ....and today was just superb. :sleep:

Last edited:
Nice surprise for the wet season ...6 days of decent riding weather. Short ride today somewhere within 100 km.
Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at Jan, 21    2023    4.34.26 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at Jan, 21    2023    4.34.39 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at Jan, 21    2023    4.34.56 AM.jpg
Woke up way too early. Back to bed.
Actually chilly on the deck at 4 am with the fans running. Last thing I need is a stiff neck.

Day did not turn out as expected - way too hot and sunny for riding...was 32 real on the deck at 9 am. :oops: It's still 31 at 5 pm tho it is a dry air mass out of the Great Red Centre. Should be a nice sky tonight as the moisture in the air in Cairns usually kills the lovely Magellanic Clouds. Not my photo
night-sky-secrets.jpg

tho it was spectacular 40 km offshore on the SunLover overnight on the reef.

Spent the day cleaning the C-3 visors and helmet of accumulated baked on crude. Looks pretty decent.
1674282707384.png
sort of like the look. I ride with the bar up a lot when photographing.
1674282874121.png
Going to try riding without the main visor tomorrow tho will bring with me.
The anti-fog pin-lock narrows the FoV that is without bars more than I like.
Even if I remove the pinlock think it will still bother me and apparently cannot find a C-3 visor without it ( it works the charm but.... ).
Have clear riding glasses - just have to sort the nose piece as it presses too hard when the wind hits. That's an easy fix.
Was not so impressed with the C3 for quiet in Ontario as I had another quiet helmet but it is noticeable over my Shark EVO3 and the chin latch is far more reliable on the C3.
Well made bit of kit but no way I'd pay $900 for it...$300 was a good price used.
The stupid loose visor problem put me off...safety feature .....what a load of hogwash. ( the visor would close when you tried to leave it open. )
SImply a manufacturer design error.

Last edited:
Lovely morning suns up, almost ready to go and of course it is raining...just a sun shower but ..... :rolleyes:
1674337018793.png
Hasties Swamp I think. See what the birds are up to. Annoying that this shower would get the Gillies wet.

Latest Kinga vid has her riding through DT Toronto.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Thanks
Ended up doing 200 km
Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at Jan, 22    2023    9.43.28 PM.jpg.
..got a bit wet turning up the Gillies to Lake Barrine ...lots of bikes coming down riding cautiously ....it actually cleared part way up tho still wet patches. Wasn't feeling 100% so took it easy then stopped at Lake Barrine teahouse for early lunch and a coffee to wake up.
Glad I decided to put the visor back on the C3 which I needed a youtube vid to figure out :rolleyes: and which was easy once shown the trick.

Had a neoprene cap I bought a while back
61nWDL3pYQL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

but was too tight on the Shark tho worked the charm ( the C3 is inherently quieter than the Shark when the visor is closed.
The C3 rides a bit too low on my brow so the neoprene cap was not so much for sound supression but for a better fit.
It worked but was a bit tight, the sound supression was superb and the fit worked but....always a but, the band was giving me a slight headache. Took it off part way up the Gillies and had lunch with coffee and took my acetominiphen pills for noon which I do anyway. Headache gone.
Lazed for an hour reading and watching the diving lessons going on. Perhaps hauling out the camera better choice than the phone.
Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at Jan, 22    2023    10.00.31 PM.jpg
tho was okay for the paddleboarder cruising by.
Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at Jan, 22    2023    9.58.49 PM.jpg
and very unusually for the Lewin's Honeyeater that flitted about.
1674432705895.png
Geared up with the neoprene cap on and rode the 90 min home with a short diversion up Channel Road then down the Kuranda Range.
Nice tail wind so rode a fair bit with the clear visor up and just the sun visor. Good book on the go ( The Expanse back stories ) sunny and dry.
Turned down the range road and very wet looking sky ...yup but was just a few very large drops so mostly dry. Then proved once again the jacket was NOT waterproof tho not too wet a ride for the last few km, the new pants did okay tho not waterproof at all but pretty comfy ...a bit stiff and might try them without the knee armor but wearing the slipon D3O.
Takes some time to get the waist band as tight as I want but it gets there. Still considering suspenders.
Good ride but was tired and napped immediately as getting home at 2pm. :sleep:

Looking okay for a coast ride tomorrow
Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at Jan, 22    2023    10.10.20 PM.jpg
Neck is a bit sore but Celebrex should fix that.

Attachments

• 1674389217251.png
    1674389217251.png
    1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Warmish already 30 at 10 am waiting on an Amazon delivery but socks and padded shorts on so quick to gear up.
These have been really nice on the motorcycle
71F4V2E1puL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
71ve5X7+egL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I bought for bicycle but my MotoSkiveez are getting tired ( elastic waist failing ) and frankly these work better for me and newer tech. Price is good too.

Actually good for my sciatica sitting at the computer - bought two sets.

Meter reader arrived so one down. Waiting on mail for the Amazon delivery.

Figured I swap the knee armor out.
1674433392207.png 1674433470384.png
The REVit armour is nicely shaped but as with all pants for me the armour is below my knee except when my knee is bent riding and even then it is below my knee cap.
The slip on armour sits completely on my knee all the time and the wings wrap around.
My only concern is how warm it will be. That I can use it for both eBike and motorcycle is a bonus. D3O armour right on my knee!!! that's the ticket.
The G-Form is also left and right. velcro above and below the knee with two bands of no slip material on each strap.
1674438810184.png
I really think because the downhill and off road bicycle riders take far more spills than motorcyclists that the protective gear has improved dramatically and D3O is another big step.

Waiting on the courier for another as did not ship by post :(
Had today set aside to resolve the internet issues and if I missed the courier it's a hassle.

Thought about putting the REVit knee armour in the other pants but the HWK is reticulated and pretty decent CE-1 so leaving it.

Pulled the REVit armour and put on the G-Form then the REVit pants...works the charm - wondered if there was a enough room and there is. It is warm but not horrid as it is 31 on the deck just now and doesn't cook me even with riding boots on and will be fine when moving. √

Courier came - 10 min later most of the internet issues sorted - most important speed on the back corner farthest from the modem. That's as good as right next to the modem and easy set up.
14246414990.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom