Every Thursday Group ride. Steels and finacial dr Mississauga | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Every Thursday Group ride. Steels and finacial dr Mississauga

if i am lucky with insurance i might be on today's ride. will see.... :D

Last edited:
if i am lucky with insurance i might showed on today's ride will see.... :D

are you getting the RC51 out? gosh that's my dream bike!

how does she handle?

Issued : 3:30 PM EDT Thursday 22 July 2010
TonightCloudy. Showers beginning after midnight. Risk of a thunderstorm overnight. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Low 21.

I want in but i'm a little confused, what time are we meeting?
also i don't have any gear, i'm looking around :p I just have a leather jacket good enough?
Looking forward to riding with u guys!!

You had better have good gloves and boots, too, at a bare minimum. ATGATT is strongly recommended. We HAVE sent people away, who showed up with nowhere near enough (short sleeve T shirt and no gloves). Nothing personal - but ALL of us long term riders have had prior bad experiences with riders who aren't wearing proper gear, and NONE of us want the responsibility of picking up after someone who falls off like that.

I have a newly-fixed bike that needs a test ride, so I'll be there.

If not the third ticket on my record i would be with you guys today. i hope I'll find something this season :D

You had better have good gloves and boots, too, at a bare minimum. ATGATT is strongly recommended. We HAVE sent people away, who showed up with nowhere near enough (short sleeve T shirt and no gloves). Nothing personal - but ALL of us long term riders have had prior bad experiences with riders who aren't wearing proper gear, and NONE of us want the responsibility of picking up after someone who falls off like that.

I have a newly-fixed bike that needs a test ride, so I'll be there.

yea I'm on it, but this stuff isent cheap. I'm gonna come by and see what you guys say :p
I assure you this you won't be picking me up off the road!!

yea I'm on it, but this stuff isent cheap. I'm gonna come by and see what you guys say :p

don't worry. skin transplantation is not so expensive :D:D:D

Last edited:
I'm back at home ok with only a few sprinkles of rain to be seen onroute.
Great ride all, nice to see ya's again after being away for a few weeks.

Funny thing happened on the way home....i heard this siren type sound as I was slowin down to a red light...looked around only to realize that my own bike alarm, Gorilla type, was soundin off!! WTF?....I wasn't carryin my remote for the alarm and decided to pull over in Caledon to disconnect it, in a parkin lot under a light. After pullin over I decided to *uck it and get home to shut it off with the remote. (only had wrenches and is much easier with a socket).
Pulled into the drive way and raced inside for the remote and was able to shut it up.
Put my remote back inside , on the key rack, then went to move my bike and....again it sounded off. This time I quickly got toolage to disconnect the damn ting once and for all!!:D
I never use this thing but i will troubleshoot it to determine the fault.

don't worry skin transplantation is not so expensive too :D:D:D

Lol todays ride was awesome!!...i almost lost it today, (for those who saw) it was a close one phew!! I learnt a lot of things, one of them beaing I have a lot to learn :p next time ull see you at the end of the pack

Edit: I definitely need to invest in some gear!

Last edited:

From what I heard afterward, we almost had to.

This ride is NOT oriented towards new riders. You need a certain basic level of knowledge and experience about how to handle your bike when going around corners. And you need proper gear.

Best bet? Do this: http://www.racer5.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=61

Improving your riding skills is a whole lot less expensive than bike parts and hospital visits ... and a LOT more fun!

yep, definitely not for new riders! Next time ill be more prepared and just hang in the back and let you guys do your thing, but I must say it was awesome riding with you guys and watching you all lean in on the corners and race out of them :p
thanks for the fun ride until next time!!

Ya yesterday at the end of the ride it was getting slippery. almost lost it too.

...continuing after Brian. I would say pay that hundred bucks for a track day and ride that loop round and round until you end up with dizziness.

after you feel good again you will see that you don't have a brakes to lean bike in to the turn. you will have more trust to your self and machine, and you will know the limit is way further then you thought!

Last edited:
I got a question can I blame my machine? I ride a 1985 Fz 750 with tiny bias tires could that limit what I can do?

I got a question can I blame my machine? I ride a 1985 Fz 750 with tiny bias tires could that limit what I can do?

With the exception of the last uphill left hand corner that was plenty slick, there was nothing on that ride that my old 250R (stock) would have had trouble with.

Back
Top Bottom