Zx7 help!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Zx7 help!!!

zoom91

Hi, Ive got a ZX7-R and it seems to be having some problems running, it wont start without the choke and if you try to take the choke off once it has started the bike dies!! If somehow it does manage to stay running after taking the choke off it dies as soon as you try to give it any gas!! I think that the carbs need to be cleaned and synced but I have never done them and am scared that I will mess them up. SO if theres anyone that could help me out I would really appreciate it. I would be willing to compensate you for your time and help. I am located in Milton. Thanks

How old is the fuel in the gas tank? If it's more than a month or two, it may have gone bad (the lighter fractions needed for cold starting may have evaporated).

If that isn't the issue, it sounds like the slow and/or idle jets in the carbs have become clogged. Disassembly and cleaning is the only solution that will really work.

petcock is in the on position, gas is brand new, just filled up and added some PJ1 carb cleaner.

new plugs does wonders for problems like this.

Back
Top Bottom