ZX636 Something vibrating | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

ZX636 Something vibrating

I had a light bulb fall out and rattle around inside the headlight once.
But more often then not it is a shield on something hot and and fibre washers has disintegrated.

... if a valve adjustment is in question I usually begin with a compression test, that's easy and gives you a good base line for future reference.

Not likely related, but I had an annoying buzz at a certain rpm in 1 of my gsf1200's. The bike was due for a valve adjustment, and when I got it back, the buzz was gone.

pretty far away from the first valve clearance checkpoint

Yea so I am actually having trouble recreating the noise when the bike is stationary, but my tires are fine

Chain tension is fine, I found others who complained about their ram air intake becoming loose, their ignition or their clutch perch/lever vibrating but mine all seem fine. The only thing I can find that isnt tight is the dash.

ill tighten that or shove a microfibre in there next time I go for a ride and see if it still does it

If the throttle bodies are out of synch it can cause vibrations.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I wonder what would cause the intake vacuum pressures to change between the cylinders over the course of 12k?

Inspection is good (y) can never have too much, that is how we find the problems.

I should change the title to something buzzing vs vibrating. But anyway I'll start with:

-Torquing the engine mounts following the manuals torque procedure
-Remove panels see if something is loose
-Torque all bolts that I can access
-Check TB sync

I think its that loose dash though, lots of power in a small frame makes things buzz I suppose

The gauge cluster is held to the stay around rubber grommets. They tend to be loose, but that shouldn't be your issue.
If you post a video when the vibration, we should be able to help better.

The gauge cluster is held to the stay around rubber grommets. They tend to be loose, but that shouldn't be your issue.
If you post a video when the vibration, we should be able to help better.

I actually havent been able to recreate the vibration while the bike is stationary, and riding the bike since I have not noticed it anymore so I havent touched anything. But thanks, if or when it comes back I will try to get a video for sure.

Back
Top Bottom