Yuasa battery | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yuasa battery

A lot has to do with how the battery is initially serviced.
If its lead/acid it should be filled, allowed to sit and then put on a deep cycle charger until the green light(s) come on.
If its gel-cell a battery tender will bring it up to speed pretty quickly.

allowed to sit

A lot of people skip that step (or don't even read the directions and realize that's required after they flood the battery) and do shorten the batteries lifespan by skipping it.

Costco also sells powersports batteries at decent prices
Not right now. Entire auto isle is blocked off, they haven't heard that it's essential. I just ordered a battery from batteryclerk.ca, best price I could find in Canada. It was I think 49 plus tax and shipping, came to $70(nobody else sells a 14S battery for under 100), but for you guys it would probably be easier to pick up, I think they're in Toronto.

I was putting off buying a new battery, but damn near had a heart attack push starting the shadow today.

For those interested

GP Bikes currently has Yuasa batteries on sale.
1621257821102.png

Is there a preferred way to charge a new battery?

Will a trickle charger be good enough or is it better with one of those bigger battery chargers?

Last edited:
I have the battery tender Jr so I'll use that.

I was just wondering if the initial charge would should be done with some heavier duty charger.

Reactions: TK4
Not right now. Entire auto isle is blocked off, they haven't heard that it's essential. I just ordered a battery from batteryclerk.ca, best price I could find in Canada. It was I think 49 plus tax and shipping, came to $70(nobody else sells a 14S battery for under 100), but for you guys it would probably be easier to pick up, I think they're in Toronto.

I was putting off buying a new battery, but damn near had a heart attack push starting the shadow today.
Costco powersports batteries mostly on Costco.ca and usually not in store

For my ST1100 the OEM Yuasa was replaced after 9 seasons. The second after 8. Both replacements done as a PM item as they owed me nothing, but they hadn't failed. Both replacements came from Pete's Superbike as his price was vey competive each time and I was ordering tires anyway so incremental shipping was virtually nil.

If you're ordering a new Yuasa see if you can get one that has more CCA in the same size. First replacedment was exact same catalog number and 200 CCA, second was 240 CCA for < $10 more. Seemed like a small price to pay for 20% more CCA.

I always had ST plugged into a BT Junior so that likely helped to prolong life.

Pete's has been around that long?

Back
Top Bottom