your reason for picking the bike you are riding now... | GTAMotorcycle.com

your reason for picking the bike you are riding now...

Packrat.

I needed a bike with a good riding posture, plus I love peaky engines. I find that tons of torque make a bike (or car) less engaging to drive, kinda like having an automatic. Also had to be something I could learn on as it was my 1st bike.

So I got an FZ6 and it turns out it's very versatile. Works well (not great) for touring, commuting, track days, posing at Timmie's.

I have no need to upgrade yet.

I wanted to know what the whole fuss was about ss bikes. Meh.

I ride a 650 V-Strom. When a salesman first said I belonged on one, I looked at the ugly lump and said, "That'll be the day!" But I read how much V-Strom riders liked their bikes, and learned it is a reliable ugly lump, and I bought it. Fifty months later I showed the dealer I had ridden it 50,000 miles. Yes, miles. A year later I see 67400 on the odometer. Ten provinces. Thirty-eight states. No problems except wear and tear, and nothing out of the ordinary in that department.

I haven't told you the best part of riding a V-Strom.
It is the same as the best feature of Newfoundland.
If you don't know that, go to Newfoundland, and you will find out soon enough.

Gsxr1000.......to get me OUT of trouble.....FAST

I haven't told you the best part of riding a V-Strom.
It is the same as the best feature of Newfoundland.
If you don't know that, go to Newfoundland, and you will find out soon enough.

The best feature of NFLD when I was there was the Horny Newfie girls. A guy I know summed it up "Can't get enough get a Newf". Or are you refering to Newfie Screech?

The best feature of NFLD when I was there was the Horny Newfie girls. A guy I know summed it up "Can't get enough get a Newf". Or are you refering to Newfie Screech?

Let's not hijack a fine thread like this. Your first answer is good,
but more specific and less altruistic than the answer I found.

And you didn't answer the OP's question ...

Last edited:

Be Classy!

My reasons

R6 is tall --> im tall

R6 is cheap n carefree --> im cheap n care free

R6 is Japanese --> im...not Japanese, but I like Japanese bikes

HOWEVER

I do regret not getting a adventure tourer because of its comfort and versatility...I use my motorcycle to commute mostly and the r6 is just not that comfortable, and when I get the urge to explore, i get stuck.

Last edited:
Ninja 500. Tried, tested and true.

Cheap insurance, good on gas.

VFR800 upgraded from a Katana 600.

Insurance, riding position and a fun bike whether I'm eating up the kms or hitting a section of twisties.

I bought the RC51 because not too many people have them. It confuses a lot of people when they hear the V-twin and the whine of the gear driven cams. It doesn't sound like your typical sportbike. My favorite question I get when I am out riding is " What in the hell do you have in that thing?" It also really turns the heads of the dozen or so Harley guys parked at Timmies in there bandanas and chaps drinking coffee! lol

i love the 'rarity' of my bike

Back
Top Bottom