Your first helmet | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your first helmet

Black Shoei RF-1000

shoei.jpg

I like black Shoeis...

A cheapie from Royal just to get out and do the course (wasn't much available in XS)...went to an open face when I bought the cruiser, then back to a full face when I bought the FZ6R...now have a Scorpion and a Bell...

New Bike Day 009 (3).jpg

Mine was a Snell fullface CKX from GP Bikes for $80

Shoei TZ-R bought from Cycle World East. Not sure about the graphics, but I think it might have looked like this. It still exists somewhere in my friend's garage

1664500138309.png

was stolen......

Some ****** old open-face that I found laying around probably was sparkly.

Sent from the future

I still remember riding from St Catharines to Fort Erie on the QEW dressed in ...bathing suit and sun glasses in the late 60s. Might have been barefoot too.

1973 helmets became mandatory and I only recall buying a Bell 3/4 that I wore for many years.
Bell Full-9 Fusion Full Face Helmet - Reviews, Comparisons, Specs -  Mountain Bike Full Face Helmets - Vital MTB
The bubble screen I wore in the winter was tough to put on
1664525658173.png
Vividly recall coming through the Thorold tunnel right into sleet and had to literally rip the visor off so I could see even to pull over. I likely had goggles on as well.
Different times.

Mine is a Daytona with Pinlock and double visor. I like the feature but I’m already wanting a different brand.

70something.

Attachments

• 20220930_070458.jpg
    20220930_070458.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 16
I still remember riding from St Catharines to Fort Erie on the QEW dressed in ...bathing suit and sun glasses in the late 60s. Might have been barefoot too.

1973 helmets became mandatory and I only recall buying a Bell 3/4 that I wore for many years.
View attachment 57715
The bubble screen I wore in the winter was tough to put on
View attachment 57716
Vividly recall coming through the Thorold tunnel right into sleet and had to literally rip the visor off so I could see even to pull over. I likely had goggles on as well.
Different times.
Mine was exactly the same, in silver. I didn't have the bubble (only ballers could afford those....lol) but had a flat, for bad weather.
Helmet sat for a few yrs, and when I pulled it out, all the padding had turned to dust.

Parents bought me an unbranded helmet at CTC when I bought my AT1e in 72. Probably for my birthday to kill two birds.

Shoei RF-800 in Candy Apple Red that I bought from Cycle World West on discount in the fall. Didn't match my bike or gear at all, but the price was right for a new model...

1664555974108.png

Later replaced with a KRJR replica Arai (Astro, I think?) because that's what most racers wore, but I hated it and switched back to Shoei as soon as I could...

BC542218-D96A-479F-8BBC-420DD30B81EA.jpeg
Bell Moto 3 later replaced by a Moto 4. I still had both of them saved for display until about 8yrs ago when I dated a crazy chick who demanded I get rid of them. I shoulda kept the lids and ditched her sooner but lesson learned.

First helmet, blue....stolen
1973 Suzuki TS125-Helmet2.jpg

Second helmet, maple leaf....stolen.
vintage-1960s-metal-flake-glitter_1_d5579d89b821cd3525bb85d23bf1b480.jpg

Third helmet, plain white...not stolen

Last edited:
Some sort of half shell deal from the BoaSki dealer with an amber flip down shade , leather ear covers with a sheep skin chin strap . Wish I had any idea where it went . Next up a CTC gold sparkle .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom