Your Fav Helmet | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your Fav Helmet

-Maverick-

Your Ol' Dependable, your Ol' Yeller, the one that fit you proper, and you loved wearing it. Mine? Akuma Doragon. They don't make them anymore, and it's sad to finally retire it, but man this was a great helmet. IMG_20210406_113832.jpg

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

I had a Dainese Kirishima D-180 helmet that I absolutely loved, but I demolished it at the track.

They don't make them anymore. Instead, they bought out AGV. I don't like the shape of the AGVs... :(

helmet-X2.jpg

Arai XD-4 with Vision graphics. Fits like a glove, I have an RF1200 and Quest, don't touch either anymore. The peak is great during sunset/sunrise, fits googles for cold days/off-road, no buffeting and quiet. The quality and details are better than the Shoei's too, when it goes, I'll get another in a heartbeat... Very modular too, been down in it twice, and multiple times off road, last year an Arai rep looked at it and said still good to use. I replaced some plastic bits and the visor tab

This was my first street helmet.1980 i think.I had a couple of Bell open face lids with a bolted on "Iron Jaw" before this for dirt competition.
0kzAdGx.jpg

I had a Dainese Kirishima D-180 helmet that I absolutely loved, but I demolished it at the track.

They don't make them anymore. Instead, they bought out AGV. I don't like the shape of the AGVs... :(

helmet-X2.jpg
They aren’t all the same shape FYI

My current favourite, HJC-16, needs to be retired. I spent 90 minutes being ignored at GP Bikes followed by another 60 minutes being ignored at Royal Distributing.

Now this purchase will be suspended until stores are reopen.

unYNHdZ.jpg

Lol I’ve had so many over the years and most of them were probably, umm, past their expiry date as back then anything was acceptable.

My current and soon to be retired lid is a CL17 HJC and honestly it’s been great especially for the $

I’m probably going to drop a lot more pennies on the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I'm crazy about my current LS2 FF393 modular helmet it works sooooo awesome, and I'm really surprised there aren't more of this type of helmet available.

It's a modular helmet design, that allows the chin bar to flip all the way over the top and rest at the back of the helmet. With most other modular helmet designs, the chin bar only flips straight up, and you can't really ride like that because it acts like a big air scoop. Also it looks kinda dorky to ride with the chin bar straight up.

With the FF393 you can very easily ride with the chin bar either open or closed. It is soooo awesome to have full face coverage OR 3/4 helmet airflow.

casco-ls2-ff393-convert-hawk-2.jpg

It's a modular helmet design, that allows the chin bar to flip all the way over the top and rest at the back of the helmet. With most other modular helmet designs, the chin bar only flips straight up, and you can't really ride like that because it acts like a big air scoop.

I'm really surprised there aren't more of this type of helmet available.

Roof used to make a helmet like this:

Back
Top Bottom