Yikes. 3-Year Old Passenger | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yikes. 3-Year Old Passenger

DucatiDan

How young is too young??? What is your cut off? I've been taking my kids on my bikes since they were 10 but not for any long rides.

http://m.torontosun.com/2016/07/06/barrie-man-charged-for-having-boy-3-as-passenger-on-motorcycle

Police in Barrie, Ont., say a man is facing charges after being stopped with a three-year-old passenger on his motorcycle.

In a release Wednesday, police say the man was pulled over on Sunday after officers noticed the child on the bike.
The child was wearing an adult-sized helmet, which they say was significantly too large for his head.
The boy was seated in front of the driver and investigators say that would have interfered with the man's ability to react in an emergency situation.
Also, they say the child did not have the muscle capability to hold on properly if evasive action or a rough patch road caused the bike to become unbalanced.
A 55-year-old Barrie man -- charged with child endangerment and dangerous driving -- is to appear in court next month.

55 year old? Is he the grandfather?If he is,the parents need a visit as well.

There is no age requirement. It's simply the feet must firmly reach the foot pegs.

Can't sit in front of the rider.

I saw a HD bagger with a young kid as a passenger with a hockey helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I was 6 or maybe 7 when I was allowed to ride on my dads CB900F. At 10 I had my own bike and many 1hr rides with my dad under my belt. My kid's riding around on the pit scooter with me and my wife at 2. When he's 3 he'll have his own bike (was going to be this year but he's not quite ready yet).

If the kid had a proper helmet on it wouldn't bother me at all.

There is no age requirement. It's simply the feet must firmly reach the foot pegs.

Can't sit in front of the rider.

I saw a HD bagger with a young kid as a passenger with a hockey helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, those are the legal requirements. I think there was an attempt to enact a bill around 2008 to limit the age of a passenger to 14. Never went anywhere. For some reason, the thought of a 4-year old in a t-shirt and shorts on the back of a s1000rr on the 401 (totally legal) doesn't sit well with me. My riding with kids has been country roads for ice cream or something around the neighborhood.

Was he giving a pleasure ride around the neighbourhood or on a mission from god? When I visited my sister in rural Manitoba (she married a frickin Mennonite) they practically insisted I take the three boys, 5-9, on the bike. The bike thing never took but two of the boys are fairly well known in the snowboard world in BC and other antics. I guess different people have different ways. Personally I think these kids should be sent off to war, once they're of age of course:rolleyes:

As a 55 yo, the guy grew up in an era when questionable judgement was everywhere:

station-wagon-kids.jpg

Everyone smoked, no bicycle helmets, no pads and helmets for skateboarding etc. My guess is that he probably wasn't wearing a whole lot of gear himself during this stunt.

Having said that, seems pretty irresponsible to take a 3-yo out on a bike like that in this day and age. Wonder if he'd had a wobbly pop or two before concluding this was a good idea...

Was he giving a pleasure ride around the neighbourhood or on a mission from god? When I visited my sister in rural Manitoba (she married a frickin Mennonite) they practically insisted I take the three boys, 5-9, on the bike. The bike thing never took but two of the boys are fairly well known in the snowboard world in BC and other antics. I guess different people have different ways. Personally I think these kids should be sent off to war, once they're of age of course:rolleyes:
Couldn't she just get one in Kitchener instead of going so far?

Couldn't she just get one in Kitchener instead of going so far?

Hey buddy I don't post interesting vignettes for you to derail threads with. BTW, I'm dealing with an exploded beef shwarma wrap while typing this if I come across as a little testy. Are 3 yr.olds allowed to eat meat still? Not that it was ever a good idea.

Who tf eats beef shawarma?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Hey buddy I don't post interesting vignettes for you to derail threads with. BTW, I'm dealing with an exploded beef shwarma wrap while typing this if I come across as a little testy. Are 3 yr.olds allowed to eat meat still? Not that it was ever a good idea.
Yeah stay on track

I think I was 6 or maybe 7 when I was allowed to ride on my dads CB900F. At 10 I had my own bike and many 1hr rides with my dad under my belt. My kid's riding around on the pit scooter with me and my wife at 2. When he's 3 he'll have his own bike (was going to be this year but he's not quite ready yet).

If the kid had a proper helmet on it wouldn't bother me at all.

this...some people may call it stupid but if they had some sort of body harness I'd take a 3-4 year old kid on a ride no problem.

I love beef shwarma and a LOT of my family is mennonite, including my only brother. Kitchener based and dinner at his house is outstanding, if you need to eat 26lbs per sitting.

Who tf eats beef shawarma?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Well now that you mention it, all the other customers looked rather down market. And it was HOT in there. I'm not crazy. Did I commit a social culinary faux pas? I didn't see any 3 yr.olds, so that's good amirite. Any way, further to the discussion at hand, I would not recommend eating a beef wrap while driving. Especially if you're 3 yrs. old. Not that 3 yr. olds drive. Not yet anyway. Never if I have any say in the matter. @Joe Bass hows that speed limiter on bambinos speed cycle? Sorted yet?

Last edited:
I love beef shwarma and a LOT of my family is mennonite, including my only brother. Kitchener based and dinner at his house is outstanding, if you need to eat 26lbs per sitting.

Amirite in thinking these sturdy people will do better than average in a power outage or worse? Even the 3 yr.olds?

Interesting comment. Is falling off a motorcycle more dangerous than falling off a horse drawn hay wagon? Amish / Mennonite kids are given and can handle more responsibility than most adults I know.

I would think that it would be extremely difficult to find proper gear to fit a three year old.

My kids got to ride when they would fit into an extra small.

Back
Top Bottom