Yamaha FZ6R (1998) Sold For $2,500.... Was This Cheap? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha FZ6R (1998) Sold For $2,500.... Was This Cheap?

Pegassus

Site Supporter
It had 23,000 km's on it and he threw a matching color jacket and helmet in the deal, the bike was unscathed and running, no hidden damage or engine problems, was plated & running to the day it was sold.... was this a good deal?

My co-worker informed me this morning when I mentioned to him that I was looking to buy a bike and told me he had just sold his over the weekend and that he would have sold it to me, he says he now has his second bike for sale, some Maxima 550 but I'm not interested if this thing is not a sport tourer. He says he is selling them because of his son's pessimistic record which has tarnished his own record and doesn't want anything to do with them anymore.

You mean an FZ6 right? FZ6R didn't exist until 2009. Either way, I'd say it was ballpark for the year, model and condition. Maybe $3500 at the top end, but that's pushing it and I wouldn't factor gear into the price at all.

I think that he means FZR600 and yes, if it was clean and in good running condition, then I'd say that $2.5K was a good price.

The 550 Maxim (no "a"; that's a car) is a custom cruiser looking thing.

Last edited:
Okay I just saw Google and YouTube videos of the FZR 600 ( 1998 ) it's a VERY fugly bike, just ackward-looking with those two huge round headlights, I wouldn't buy it even for $1,000 bucks so it wasn't a loss after all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom