Xsr 900 or street twin or scrambler? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Xsr 900 or street twin or scrambler?

daisoman

Site Supporter
Looking to get into one of these bikes before the end of this season. I've never owned anything other then ss so this will be a change. I'm tired of having to go triple digit speeds to have fun. Also 2 up friendly is a big deal for me.

I rented a t100 Bonneville in Vegas last year and fell in love with the comfort, even with the wife in the back. I was able to ride all day in and around the strip and the open rodes with ease and comfort.

I've been looking at these bikes and pretty much narrowed it down to the xsr and street twin. I know the thruxton is out but not in the budget. Man that thruxton r looks impressive.

I guess not much opinions on these bikes as they're all pretty new so just wanted to start a conversation if anyone else is looking....

Xsr looks amazing and has the power I'm used to. Has a popular tire size.uploadfromtaptalk1460385995930.jpg

Street twin looks even better Imo. Less power but peppy mid range torque also crazy good gas mileage(I don't really care tho). Low seat height my short ass.
3e6e11d69f6f80cdfc60a9de3fa85024.jpg

Scrambler looks good but not really into Ducati for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am bias as I know how good the engine of the FZ09 in (same on the Xsr900) but I really like that Scrambler and I am also not into Ducs.

XSR900 is the better motorcycle in every way. And that's a problem. Like the FZ-09 before it, a later greater version will come soon after it. And then everybody will see you are riding a dated machine. The Bonnie and other retros don't suffer from that.

XSR900 is the better motorcycle in every way. And that's a problem. Like the FZ-09 before it, a later greater version will come soon after it. And then everybody will see you are riding a dated machine. The Bonnie and other retros don't suffer from that.
I don't care about that too much.... I'm on a 08 r6 now and I don't care for any new ss.

Agree with the xsr being better. I hear so many raved reviews on the fz09 but I like the character of the street twin.

This is a biased opinion...but def street twin/Bonneville over the duc! and the triumph scrambler is worth a look if that's your thing. ALSO, look at a 2015 thruxton, I know sturgess has one or two still left that you could get for a steal (wish I had waited!)

I don't care about that too much.... I'm on a 08 r6 now and I don't care for any new ss.

Agree with the xsr being better. I hear so many raved reviews on the fz09 but I like the character of the street twin.

I would buy the Street Twin. It aligns most with my theory of life. I ride a Triumph Scrambler now.

I am bias as I know how good the engine of the FZ09 in (same on the Xsr900) but I really like that Scrambler and I am also not into Ducs.
How good is that engine? I thought about the xsr700 also.

Would you say you're comfortable doing full day rides? 2up? I think the ergos on the xsr is better then the fz for comfort. Haven't sat on either but rode a friends fz08 and I could of rode that all day long

i've been thinking it since you posted the thread, xsr900 100%, i've ridden fz09 and scrambler, but not the street twin, i'm not into triumphs yet- haven't ridden any. the fz09 and scrambler are a night and day difference. i found the scrambler to feel and sound fun and have the idea but also felt under powered and gutless.. the fz09 was/is a beast.

a025c4c2b9eb821869cf037f2c6951d3.jpg

Love the paint scheme and the gold forks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Personally I love the brushed aluminum tank with the brown seat... sucks I think it's a really tall seat height.

aec30c407d9945e1d26e1d1f550e8139.jpg

Last edited:
i've been thinking it since you posted the thread, xsr900 100%, i've ridden fz09 and scrambler, but not the street twin, i'm not into triumphs yet- haven't ridden any. the fz09 and scrambler are a night and day difference. i found the scrambler to feel and sound fun and have the idea but also felt under powered and gutless.. the fz09 was/is a beast.
Does it ride like a Supersport with an upright position?

Does it ride like a Supersport with an upright position?

No, it rides like a SS with torque everywhere AND an upright position.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Even if I wasn't partial to Yamahas I would tell you to pick the XSR. I LOVE Japanese reliability and with the Yamaha you have a huge number of options for getting service done when you need it. Just about any shop, including independent shops will be able to work on it and get parts for it fast with no trouble. If you buy the Triumph and have a falling out with the mechanic or staff at GP Bikes, you don't have too many more options. Besides, the 09 triple is a fantastic motor!

Back
Top Bottom