Wtf, RIM | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wtf, RIM

knowledge

Site Supporter
I'm thinking of jumping ship 'cause RIM's getting so far behind. I'd get the iphone in a heartbeat if it had buttons, and I don't know if I need the insane performance/functionality that androids have.

I'm looking at the curve 9360 and the bold 9900 but I'm pretty disappointed. Sadly, it sounds like those are my best options. If I had to pick between the two, is the 9900 really that much better? Are there any better alternatives out there? What kind of camera phone doesn't have auto-focus. WTF, blackberry.

But more importantly: why is BB so behind competition? I can't understand why they can't hire some better developers or whatever. What's holding them back?

Inertia..big established user base..lack of focus..complacency. I suppose if you waste 4 or 5 years pursuing an NHL team through bully-tactics, it can slow you down..

I have a Bold..love the buttons..

I absolutely love my 9900. Beats any android or iphone i've tried hands down, at least for me.

Thanks RIM , another great device!

To all the apple juice drinking haters who will inevitably feel a need to bash this post: i wont be checking for replies, so go nuts, but i wouldn't bother as I wont be reading it.

I absolutely love my 9900. Beats any android or iphone i've tried hands down, at least for me.

Thanks RIM , another great device!

To all the apple juice drinking haters who will inevitably feel a need to bash this post: i wont be checking for replies, so go nuts, but i wouldn't bother as I wont be reading it.

lol

RIM had a 3 day silence in honour of Steve Jobs' passing;)

RIM sucks because its run by idiots who thought their dominance in the enterprise market would float them forever.

I'm thinking of jumping ship 'cause RIM's getting so far behind. I'd get the iphone in a heartbeat if it had buttons, and I don't know if I need the insane performance/functionality that androids have.

I'm looking at the curve 9360 and the bold 9900 but I'm pretty disappointed. Sadly, it sounds like those are my best options. If I had to pick between the two, is the 9900 really that much better? Are there any better alternatives out there? What kind of camera phone doesn't have auto-focus. WTF, blackberry.

But more importantly: why is BB so behind competition? I can't understand why they can't hire some better developers or whatever. What's holding them back?

no steve jobs?

So iphone has all the little apps, what are you? a teenager? tough to beat BB and enterprise server plus BBM I drop my BB at least once a day and keeps on ticking. The Bold has been the Best so far. iphone is a nice music player and that is about it.

Only teenagers use apps.

Tough to beat BB? :rofl: that's why just about everyone has already beaten them.... RIM is down and out. Only a matter of time now.

they lack vision. they have perfectly capable staff it's the leadership that is out to lunch...

as for buttons, the iPhone has 4 of them, power, volume up, volume down, and the home button. I used to like having buttons on the phone so i could text with out looking but the activities i'd text with out looking are now illegal. I can live with the virtual keyboard.

So iphone has all the little apps, what are you? a teenager? tough to beat BB and enterprise server plus BBM I drop my BB at least once a day and keeps on ticking. The Bold has been the Best so far. iphone is a nice music player and that is about it.

What are you, two?

Wonder if there is any truth to the rumor of Microsoft looking to buy RIM? My source on the inside said Microsoft has been sniffing at the lame RIM carcass. Maybe just waiting to pounce when its fully dead.

OP, I feel your pain. I too was very frustrated with RIM 6 months or so ago and that's why I switched to the iPhone. I now have both an iPhone and Android phone and both have their advantages.

RIM has fallen behind... far behind. I loved my BB Bold for the push notifications and physical keyboard but that was all. Unfortunately it didn't do half the stuff that eventually wanted a phone to do. USB tether could only be done if I was running the BB manager software, the browser sucked, the processor was slow, boot time over 8 minutes, deleted text messages for no reason.

Only teenagers use apps.
I've found it VERY handy for work... the conversion apps, frequency generator, web browsing, personal WiFi hotspot, WebEx, Road Trip (kilometer counter), equation solver, graph calculator, dB reader, camera, camcorder, and an iPod for the long drives to the customer (plays through my Alpine head unit and goes through the iPod input so I have controls over my playlist and such through the head unit itself). The iPhone 4, as much as I hate to admit it, is replacing my iPod/iTouch, my camera, my "rocket stick", my laptop (in some cases), and my GPS...

WTF RIM is right...

When I got my first smart phone, about 5 years ago, around the time the iPhone came out (mine wasn't an iPhone) I was already wondering how RIM was still in business. All their competition seemed to be way ahead of them. Although when I got my phone, which was 2 years older than the iPhone, I couldn't figure out what the big deal was about the iPhone. My crappy phone did all the same stuff, just not quite as pretty.

Wonder if there is any truth to the rumor of Microsoft looking to buy RIM? My source on the inside said Microsoft has been sniffing at the lame RIM carcass. Maybe just waiting to pounce when its fully dead.

I heard that too. I asked my friend who's a middle manager at microsoft and he hasn't heard any rumours filter down the pipe yet. I think it would be a great idea. That windows mobile OS is pretty slick.

they lack vision. they have perfectly capable staff it's the leadership that is out to lunch...

as for buttons, the iPhone has 4 of them, power, volume up, volume down, and the home button. I used to like having buttons on the phone so i could text with out looking but the activities i'd text with out looking are now illegal. I can live with the virtual keyboard.

Thats the key, no vision from those leading the company.

Why do you need buttons anymore? Siri has impressed me incredibly with the 4S. A friend has one and has not used the onscreen keyboard since getting the device. Its accuracy is incredibly high and have not seen a single weird looking email or text from him using siri.

Keyboards are going out, voice is coming in.

That has been the case for the past 4 years as one of the better fits. But Microsoft is not an innovative company so the marriage would not really benefit RIM or Microsoft. They may have missed the boat now the Google and Motorola hooked up.

Back
Top Bottom