Wsbk 2018 | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wsbk 2018

Is anyone else having problems with the racingHD.net site? I keep getting network errors and 503 server unavailable when trying to watch race 1. EDIT: it seems the problem was Chrome. It worked OK on Firefox. Mark
Probably your privacy settings in Chrome. That site is a bit shady with scripts, wanting to do this or that. So I just download it from them, no stream for them to interrupt and inject.

Ho hum, Rea leaves the rest of the field behind again, not the most exciting racing.

Huge highside down the corkscrew for Toprak.

View attachment 39439

Davies seems to be the only one consistently in the running against JR. Will he become the WSBK version of Rossi?

This what you linked?
razga-crash_full.jpg

Last edited:
Davies seems to be the only one consistently in the running against JR. Will he become the WSBK version of Rossi?

Davies seems to struggle with getting the Ducati working at the various tracks. The Kawasaki looks to have a wider window where it works well and at least a few of Davies crashes look to me like the result of having to override the Ducati in an attempt to keep up with JR.

The Toprak crash:
[video=youtube;hukodPro39k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hukodPro39k[/video]

Mark

Last edited:
Seems everyone is as riveted by WSBK as me.
Congratulations to Johnny Rea on a fourth title, but I really hope somebody can mount a challenge next year.

Not entirely sure how this will pan out, it will be interesting to see the details.

"New era for the premier class on the horizon
Looking ahead to 2019, FIM and Dorna WSBK Organization have announced some updates to the 2019 MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship race day schedule, which will welcome three races held over one weekend for the first time in the series history.
Sticking with the now traditional Race One on Saturday at 14.00h, this will open the weekend and will be the same duration. For the first time ever, Sunday will see the dawn of a short sprint race format at 11.00h. The weekend will conclude for the WorldSBK class with Race Three at 14.00h with usual duration, for all rounds held inside Central European Time.
Preparing for what is set to be a sensational weekend full of pure WorldSBK action, Dorna WSBK Organization and the FIM are working alongside riders, teams, manufacturers, circuits, broadcasters and sponsors to ensure the best format is decided throughout the 2019 season. Nail-biting and enthralling races will be guaranteed as we welcome the WorldSBK weekend into a brand-new era with a whole new experience for fans and viewers the world over.
Daniel Carrera, WorldSBK Executive Director explains: “To bring in a third ‘sprint race’ into the WorldSBK format for 2019 is something we have been planning for a long time now, so we are delighted to see the plans coming together. We are committed to bringing exciting races to the fans year on year, and we think the addition of a sprint race will add to the WorldSBK experience. We are continuing to work on the final adjustments and hope to bring more details in the near future.”"

Has DORNA not noticed how quickly JR moves to the front, pretty much from no matter where he starts, usually the front row or ninth.
I predict there will be very little change in outcome. Not unless they start JR from the back and it's a 100 meter sprint. But, now they're scrapping the inverted first three rows?

here's my guess in what they will do:

Same Qualifying
Race 1 Traditional Grid placement based on Qualifying
Sprint Race with inverse grid placing based on Race 1
Race 2 Grid placement based on results of Sprint Race

Just watched the first race from Argentina, same old thing, I just skipped through for the highlights, I'll watch the second race sometime this week, that's not really the response they want to be creating.

Just watched the first race from Argentina, same old thing, I just skipped through for the highlights, I'll watch the second race sometime this week, that's not really the response they want to be creating.

The second race was also very predictable and a bit of a snooze fest . Supersport race much the same. Remove JR from the equation and it might be a half decent series.

Ten Kate files for bankruptcy, blaming Honda's pulling out. Won't be on the 2019 grid.

According to an article on supbikeplanet Honda hung them out to dry by pulling support with not enough time to find another sponsor and that a lawsuit may be pending.

Since 2019 Race 1 in Australia is now on the books does anybody have any links for where to watch? The sites I used last year have nothing up yet that I can find. PM me if you want to keep it private.

Thanks,
Mark

Back
Top Bottom