wow | GTAMotorcycle.com

wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have absolutely no knowledge of that case but have seen someone I once respected as being a great guy get into a not totally different situation, copping a feel on an under 18, half his age.

His life is destroyed but it also has affected his family. He's married with children. To protect his kids names aren't mentioned in the media but there is animosity in the extended family and everything is on Facebook. He has to register as a sex offender.

I know nothing of the girl. Some people get over things and others don't. I hope she can put it behind her.

Not being a psychologist I may be wrong in this but there may be three subcategories in this arena.

1) People that have don't have bad thoughts and therefore don't do bad things.

2) People that have bad thoughts but have enough self control that they never act out those thoughts.

3) People that have bad thoughts and do act out on them.

I don't know how to relate to someone I once trusted anymore. I don't want him dead but if he was visiting me and you dropped by for a visit with a young daughter I would be in a very awkward position of either having to warn you or having to police him every minute.

There is no good news in this.

I have absolutely no knowledge of that case but have seen someone I once respected as being a great guy get into a not totally different situation, copping a feel on an under 18, half his age.

His life is destroyed but it also has affected his family. He's married with children. To protect his kids names aren't mentioned in the media but there is animosity in the extended family and everything is on Facebook. He has to register as a sex offender.

I know nothing of the girl. Some people get over things and others don't. I hope she can put it behind her.

Not being a psychologist I may be wrong in this but there may be three subcategories in this arena.

1) People that have don't have bad thoughts and therefore don't do bad things.

2) People that have bad thoughts but have enough self control that they never act out those thoughts.

3) People that have bad thoughts and do act out on them.

I don't know how to relate to someone I once trusted anymore. I don't want him dead but if he was visiting me and you dropped by for a visit with a young daughter I would be in a very awkward position of either having to warn you or having to police him every minute.

There is no good news in this.

In this case, it was a child under 10.

In this case, it was a child under 10.

This is why we need robo sex dolls as children and Japanese loli hentai games. Give these guys an outlet that doesn't involve harming an actual living being.

(I'm not even being sarcastic. And before some moron accuses me of being a pedo, I like big boobies more than you do.)

This is why we need robo sex dolls as children and Japanese loli hentai games. Give these guys an outlet that doesn't involve harming an actual living being.

(I'm not even being sarcastic. And before some moron accuses me of being a pedo, I like big boobies more than you do.)
That is an interesting concept. A big question for me is, are they like a gateway drug that leads people on the brink to actually offend or do they satisfy the urge and make people on the brink safer? I have no idea what the answer is or how to safely study the problem to find out. You sure as hell wouldn't want to be wrong and make things worse for the kids.

I sense that this thread is heading in the wrong direction one way or another. Even if the intention is not there.

That is an interesting concept. A big question for me is, are they like a gateway drug that leads people on the brink to actually offend or do they satisfy the urge and make people on the brink safer? I have no idea what the answer is or how to safely study the problem to find out. You sure as hell wouldn't want to be wrong and make things worse for the kids.

Honestly....I don't know.

But from my completely unscientific approach...I spent most of my childhood playing hentai games with heavy rape themes like Bible Black (Google at your own risk, this is obviously NSFW.) And most of the women I've been with were okay with role-playing rape (with a safe word.)

Never in a million years would I sexually assault a woman though. I suppose the same concept can be applied to the "naughty school girl" role-playing scenarios that Britney Spears rammed into our heads in the 90s.

I sense that this thread is heading in the wrong direction one way or another. Even if the intention is not there.

Probably, it happens every time somebody has an outspoken opinion.

I don't think its about an outspoken opinion but the fact that online forums are hard to "read" the meaning of and context of said messages.

Especially when most of us are probably far too uneducated on these topics.
I don't think personal experience is a good measure for your reference in this case.

I don't think its about an outspoken opinion but the fact that online forums are hard to "read" the meaning of and context of said messages.

Especially when most of us are probably far too uneducated on these topics.
I don't think personal experience is a good measure for your reference in this case.

I suppose we could apply the rationality I provided with video games in general.

Most of us gamers have killed more people virtually than a single soldier will in their life time. Some of us rival numbers with the Japanese nukes (no offense meant at all, what happened in WWII was ******* horrible.) And any gamer that tells you they don't derive great satisfaction in dominating the living **** out of an opponent (until it gets boring) is lying

If the above were to encourage real murders, we'd have seen a massive spike of random killings. The same would apply to street racing themed games (especially running from cops.)

The biggest question then is: did video games result in a reduction of real life murders or did they instigate more? How do we test this? I recall psych papers proving the instigation view point completely wrong but I'm not a psych major.

As for your bolded point; then it's up to the educated to force these discussions to move the world forward. University and colleges provided a safe space to discuss/debate these topics which resulted in many of us developing critical thinking skills outside of STEM subjects. It's far better than "drinking the kool aid" (Jonestown - Wikipedia).

Last edited:
We also have not seen a massive downward turn in murders etc. because of these games etc.

According to the article the victim was under 10....

I am not a gamer so I cannot speak on that.

But I do think that there has been studies that proved that excessive exposure to such games contribute to the individual acting out the scenes in real life.
Even look at young kids who play any sort of games where there is violence or even "attacking" the other person. You see them acting out ("playing") these scenes out with their friends. For the most part, they are smart enough to differentiate between right and wrong or play fight vs real fight but there are those that do not have that morally capability to make such decisions.

This is at the extreme level and a rare occurrence but it does happen.

I think some of the recent mass murders have been linked to violent video games etc.

However it is a hard theory to prove one way or another. It's not as easy a black or white.

I'm done with this before it gets out of hand.

what happened to the ones that were Not ok with it.

They're locked in my basement /sarcasm

We had regular vanilla sex...and broke up due to unrelated reasons (lack of direction in life was common) so win/win!

And for someone that thinks this thread was gonna go to hell....you're doing a pretty damn good job keeping an open mind and discussion lol

I should have said
I don’t need an answer.
Thread Unwatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom