Wow... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wow...

I simply look, when nobody behind me, I back in. If I have to back out (because I nosed in), I simply look and don't go if not clear. It sounds simple to me and everyone is happy.

Nothing to do with which way it's faster, it's just a courtesy of respecting the moving cars in the parking lot.

if you're not backing out with care, then perhaps backing out may be faster, but safely there is no way it's faster. Also, once someone is adept at parking properly (azz first), they can do it almost as fast as front first.

Properly??? haha!

Correct. When backing into a spot, you're backing into empty space. When backing out, you're backing into an area where there can be pedestrians and other cars at any time. If you're also driving a truck, it becomes even more of a challenge simply because you have to do it extra-slow and watch out for the hazards.

Agree, though it depends on how busy the lot is. I definitely recommend backing in but I nose-in when I'm lazy or in a rush.

My thoughts exactly. When people start to fight over the 5 seconds it takes to wait for someone to back into a spot, you know they have bigger problems. :D I've even started to collect footage of random parking lot idiots.. its quite funny.

I back in... And I don't care who is behind me when I pick the spot. It seriously takes only a couple more seconds... The only time it takes me longer is when some impatient idiot gets right up behind me, preventing me from doing the move properly... It's a parking lot, take it easy!

Back
Top Bottom