Would a hands-free helmet holder be useful? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Would a hands-free helmet holder be useful?

Let's see...something to hold your helmet in that you can carry around. Sounds great. Have it cover the whole helmet to protect it, some sort of pack. Have it so you can carry it hands free, so maybe spread the weight and have 2 straps to go over your shoulders. Maybe out of the way behind you, on your back. A pack for your back would be great.

oh mah gawd no way, ferrealz? and let's say that a person already had a nice 'pack for their back' and didn't want to buy another for $200...or...what if...now this might be crazy...but what if said person doesn't want to wear a pack at all? gasp

Let's see...something to hold your helmet in that you can carry around. Sounds great. Have it cover the whole helmet to protect it, some sort of pack. Have it so you can carry it hands free, so maybe spread the weight and have 2 straps to go over your shoulders. Maybe out of the way behind you, on your back. A pack for your back would be great.

I already invented this, it was an old camera strap. I clip the ends together then clip one side to the chinstrap buckle.

hangs over my shoulder . It was free. In the grocery store I can put stuff in the helmet like a basket, but not bananas, bananas in a helmet is bad luck.

My AGV helmet included a bag that has an integrated strap. Used it a couple times to bring my helmet on the plane. The bag itself is nicely padded too. Super deluxe yo.
2f96bcf541599c58458136e031cfe148.jpg

We already have them they're called cargo nets.
attachment.php

Attachments

• net.jpg
    net.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 239
I would be highly interested to see what you have in mind. I have an Ogio backpack that has a helmet strap but u just basically put the strap through the bottom of the helmet through the visor opening and clip to your backpack. I never liked this way or used it because my helmet would just fling side to side when walking without any protection. Luckily my bike has a helmet lock which I use most of time butbi also don't like that as somebody could tamper with your helmet when you off the bike.

I already invented this, it was an old camera strap. I clip the ends together then clip one side to the chinstrap buckle.

hangs over my shoulder . It was free. In the grocery store I can put stuff in the helmet like a basket, but not bananas, bananas in a helmet is bad luck.

How about eggs?:D

I would be highly interested to see what you have in mind. I have an Ogio backpack that has a helmet strap but u just basically put the strap through the bottom of the helmet through the visor opening and clip to your backpack. I never liked this way or used it because my helmet would just fling side to side when walking without any protection. Luckily my bike has a helmet lock which I use most of time butbi also don't like that as somebody could tamper with your helmet when you off the bike.

Or they steal it.
Unless you are standing there, don't leave your helmet imo...

Or they steal it.
Unless you are standing there, don't leave your helmet imo...

How you Carry your helmet then ? I hate to always carry my helmet if I'm at the mall or at the movies. People just stare at you too if you are carrying a helmet. I even hate wearing my leather jacket while walking around. You just look like a weirdo while everyone is in their casual clothes,Lol that's just me.

How you Carry your helmet then ? I hate to always carry my helmet if I'm at the mall or at the movies. People just stare at you too if you are carrying a helmet. I even hate wearing my leather jacket while walking around. You just look like a weirdo while everyone is in their casual clothes,Lol that's just me.

#itsjustyou

get a decent backpack and put your jacket and gear in it...they are out there
leave it in a locker at mall or with the staff at movie theater...ask them to put in the back.

you will feel very bad when you return to find your lid gone...and you can't ride home

I guess if you have a $100 helmet then not as important as leaving a $500+ lid sitting there.
You wouldn't leave your iPhone7 on the bike...just sayin'

I made a product, I'll post an image tonight.

When commuting, I always have my backpack. Every one I use, I mod one of the straps to be a quick release, cause it a pain trying to shrug off a pack wearing full gear. I just use that strap to hang my helmet (by the chin bar) at the side when I'm making a stop off the bike.

Back
Top Bottom