World's most expensive Pizza | GTAMotorcycle.com

World's most expensive Pizza

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Apparently on May 17, 2010 Lasio Hanyecz paid 10,000 bitcoin for two pizzas in Jacksonville Florida. The first known bitcoin purchase. Last I checked a bitcoin was worth $13537.80 CDN. = $135,378,000.00 or $67,689,000.00 each. I wonder how many slices. Anchovies or not?

Reactions: J_F
The interesting part of the story is what the pizza company did with the bitcoins. If they just moved them along to someone else around the same time, the pizza was sold for roughly the normal price. If they held them (and didn't lose the key), they will be very happy with their decision to accept payment in bitcoin. I would argue that the pizza company had a much higher chance of ending up with zero dollars than big money but they only gambled with a few dollars so it's a fun game.

No money laundering go on here....

What money laundering?
This was the first known transaction involving Bitcoin. At the time Bitcoin was worth almost nothing so it would have seemed like fair value. Since Bitcoin is worth far more today, the joke is someone bought pizzas for an enormous amount of money...

Also kind of hard for the government to tax transactions they can't see.

Drug deals and fraud.

Town of Wasaga Beach paid several bitcoin ransom to someone who hijacked their computers.

What is money and what currency do you trust?

The American dollar used to be backed by gold and silver. Now it's "In God we trust". Is there any gold in Fort Knox?

The Bitcoin concept is too far over my head so I'm saving beer cans.

"The Bitcoin concept is too far over my head so I'm saving beer cans."

Quite possibly the smartest investor on the planet. I like the cut of your jib

When Bitcoin came out it was a bit like bubble gum cards in the 1950's. I'll trade you a Stan Mikita for a Frank Mahovlich with no monetary value associated. I suppose if I knew the term Bitcoin in 2010 and someone owed me for a cup of coffee I'd have accepted Bitcoin as a joke. Current prices aren't so kind.

What was 10k in Bitcoin worth 9 years ago?
May 2010, 10,000 btc would be worth somewhere between 30 and 100 USD. A year and a month later it would be $310,000, six months after that $20,000. Sounds like a great place to put your money to protect it from the man. :/

What was 10k in Bitcoin worth 9 years ago?

It was basically Monopoly money. You just played with it. 10,000 BC was worth, in that case, about $30.00. So 30 divided by 10,000 = $0.003, a third of a cent. Now it's about $14,000.00.

Back then a dollar would have bought you about 330 BC which would be worth about 4.5 million today. One cents worth = about $45,000.

When BC was basically worthless it was of little interest to con artists. Now it's open season. Send me $28,000 CDN and I'll send you an email saying you have 2 BC.

The Top 10 Risks Of Bitcoin Investing (And How To Avoid Them)

Back
Top Bottom