World Superbikes 2022 (Spoilers Allowed!) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

World Superbikes 2022 (Spoilers Allowed!)

Spills and thrills! What a great weekend! So many stories to watch.

I'm a big JRay fan, but that move on Bautista was just too much. The cutaway to JR65s garage confirmed it - nobody was impressed and that punishment was way too light for the crime.

BMW making constant progress each and every race. Even Baz on the satellite was showing well before his incident in Race 1.

It'll be interesting to see what decision Ducati brass make wrt MRR vs Bassani. Tough call, Rinaldi's a solid #2 rider and doesn't trip up Baustista.

drama.jpg

As for the BMW sudden success….

It started when the swapped to a Kalex swingarm… So, the OEM is obviously a weak part of the bike.

Went to my first race this year in Portugal. I was debating between MotoGP and WSBK, but getting 3 races + paddock access + a pit lane walk for $100 was an easy choice vs $250+ for a grandstand seat at a MotoGP race.

WSBK is incredible with how much access you get...I met Johnny and Toprak after FP1, and could've met a bunch more if I wanted too. Also saw Chaz Davies, James Toseland, and a few others walking around the paddock.

I rented a scooter to get to the circuit, and on the second day I pulled into the parking lot into the first empty space I saw. Turns out I parked next to someone with an Alberta plate...what are the odds. Bike was gone when I left so I never got to talk to the owner.

Would highly recommend to anyone thinking about going.

Attachments

• IMG_3165.jpeg
    IMG_3165.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3149 - WSBK Large.jpeg
    IMG_3149 - WSBK Large.jpeg
    449.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3160 Large.jpeg
    IMG_3160 Large.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom