World Superbikes 2022 (Spoilers Allowed!) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

World Superbikes 2022 (Spoilers Allowed!)

Good race ... very close finish ... no spoiler...

I've changed the title, let's talk about the race!

Toprak not feeling the front end on this bike this season, the fact that Rea passed him on the brakes on Turn 1 was very telling. However, JRay barely holding on at the end. That Ducati seems to have a lot more in reserve, especially towards the end of the race. I have a feeling Bautista is going to blitz the field tomorrow for the Superpole Race.

Can't wait!

Fair enough. People have had time to watch by now.

Toprak was complaining about front-end feel last round, too. He sure made it work in Superpole ... ! ! ! Seems to be an issue during the longer races.

Bautista looks a lot more in control than in 2019. Issues in Superpole this round meant starting the race further back ... he'll have less time in the Superpole race tomorrow to do it. The Duc has visibly more straightaway speed than the Kaw and Yam - but it doesn't look like as big a difference as in 2019. I think Kaw and Yam have caught up some, and the Duc has stayed the same.

Poor Alex Lowes. Great showing in Superpole. In the race, oil cooler was punctured by a rock that had been picked up off the track.

The major rule changes in Supersport haven't changed who's at the front ...

Disappointing end to the weekend, although nice to see Lecuona on the podium. He'll be back in MotoGP eventually.

That was an iffy call in the Superpole race, but race 2 made up for it. He's lucky to avoid being collected in the Toprak/JR crash. They were in a close group.

He's lucky to avoid being collected in the Toprak/JR crash. They were in a close group.

That crash really reminded me of the three-way pile-up between Dovi, Lorenzo and Pedrosa during the 2018 Spanish GP. Dovi and Lorenzo ran each other wide and when Lorenzo moved back to the racing line, he clashed with Pedrosa who was also on the same line.

Deemed a racing incident then, same as with Jray and Stoprak. Which was the right call.

Various media and bloggers are hyping up that collision.

Toprak outbrake himself and ran wide.

No racer will pass up going for the gaping hole on the inside that Toprak just left.

Toprak managed to gather it up without crashing and tried to stay on track.

At this point JR would be on the right side of his bike looking through the corner with limited ability to see Toprak, and in any case, already cornering near max lean. Turning in harder or touching a brake would not be viable. Also, photo that came out since has JR's front wheel ahead of Toprak's at the point of impact. JR probably never saw him coming. Expected the possibility, yes. Saw him, no.

Racing incident.

Toprak had a wicked save in the Superpole race this morning. Race 2 coming up.

What an ending to race 2, brilliant move by Rea. This season is shaping up to be just as good as 2021.

Feel bad for Toprak. As good as he is and as hard as he's pushing that bike it seems his machine is 3rd fastest.

Race 1 from Most was a start to finish barn burner. New face in the top 3 on a manufacturer that hasn't been there for a long time.

Both races today were fantastic. And with that, it's summer break. And with the midway point of the season ... that's when WorldSBK applies their performance-balancing algorithm. Right now, the Kawasaki has the lowest rev limit, the Ducati has the highest (and they're visibly faster than anything else in a straight line). Think Ducati will have some revs knocked off?

Awesome weekend of racing, it's going to be a long summer break. I'm curious to know what was going on with the two flats - debris on the track or the tires just didn't hold up? Sucks for Gerloff who was having a good race.

I decided at the beginning of the year that I would go to my first race this season and had been debating MotoGP vs WSBK, but with the way both series have been going it was an easy call - Portimao in October. Can't wait.

Think Ducati will have some revs knocked off?
Not sure if this would help balance things or not. The Yamaha and Kawasaki are clearly quicker on corner entry for the majority of the race. Bautista starts becoming really fast in the last 1/4 of the race when the fuel load is lightened. Considering his extremely light weight, he can't get the rear up to proper temperature until that point.

Look at where the other Ducatis are in general.. Not super close to the front to make a proper challenge on any of the leaders.

Now the BMW is running with a Kalex swing arm, Scott Redding his found some amazing pace. He may just be enough of a wild card to make the front runners miss points etc along the way. If he continues riding like he did this weekend, he'll definitely have an effect on the championship points on the riders ahead of him (and not just the points leaders).

It's been great racing and got me back to watching WSBK after giving it a rest because of Rea winning every race for years.

Those moves by Locatelli were a little aggressive…especially on the warmup lap of race 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom