Winter storage nightmare | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Winter storage nightmare

Ehhhh.

It's 2017. Some people prefer to communicate via email/text/etc.

It shouldn't be the customers responsibility to track down the business to get them to fix their screw up.

carrillo rods........

Ehhhh.

It shouldn't be the customers responsibility to track down the business to get them to fix their screw up.

Also leave a very reliable timeline

I smell foul ... OP's post count first. Secondly, the story makes no sense as reported and leaves more questions than answers. Is really Kneedragger that bad the he picked up a bike for storage (6months from today is what it sounds like, if true) put it on its side accidentally when transporting, promised to fix it and store for free over winter ... come 2017 .... didn't fix anything and is on the run???? After he admitted to it? Or what am I missing in the story??

It sounds like a bad movie script.

Meh, maybe the OP doesn't want to waste his time trying to appear clever on the internets, which is filled with enough alternative facts and content creators already.

I smell foul ... OP's post count first. Secondly, the story makes no sense as reported and leaves more questions than answers. Is really Kneedragger that bad the he picked up a bike for storage (6months from today is what it sounds like, if true) put it on its side accidentally when transporting, promised to fix it and store for free over winter ... come 2017 .... didn't fix anything and is on the run???? After he admitted to it? Or what am I missing in the story??

It sounds like a bad movie script.

Correct, exactly as you say. It makes no sense at all. That's what I'm dealing with. But I have the pics and emails to prove.

And I'm far from a millennial In fact, I'm 2 months away from retirement. I'd do smoke signals if it got me compensated for the damage.

If Kenny fixed your bike wouldn't that be an inconvenience to him? Think about it.

Correct, exactly as you say. It makes no sense at all. That's what I'm dealing with. But I have the pics and emails to prove.

And I'm far from a millennial In fact, I'm 2 months away from retirement. I'd do smoke signals if it got me compensated for the damage.

OK, sounds good. So why don't you fix up your 1st post, so when others read it, the timeline and actual events tied to it make sense ... Right now, it looks like something happened 6months ago (whether he was delivering bike to you, but why would that be happening before winter??? or otherwise), then nothing, and now you are posting you cannot get a hold of him. That's hardly how most of us would act in somewhat similar situation, whatever exactly the situation is or was. I want action in days or weeks at best ... months over the whole winter???

Ehhhh.

If this info is accurate I agree with Caboose here...I damaged your bike therefore I should be on top of that yesterday to work with you to fix it back the way you gave it to me or better plus offer you something (free storage next year to smooth things over).

Mistakes happen, it's human and things happen. It is how you correct the mistake that counts more.

OK, sounds good. So why don't you fix up your 1st post, so when others read it, the timeline and actual events tied to it make sense ... Right now, it looks like something happened 6months ago (whether he was delivering bike to you, but why would that be happening before winter??? or otherwise), then nothing, and now you are posting you cannot get a hold of him. That's hardly how most of us would act in somewhat similar situation, whatever exactly the situation is or was. I want action in days or weeks at best ... months over the whole winter???
First post made sense to me...

Bike was delivered on it's side on May 3, 2016. Ken agreed to repair and allegedly bought the paint and was looking for an exhaust. We agreed to wait until riding season was over but when it was still warm enough to paint. That's when he threw in the free storage. I tried calling/texting/emailing for pickup in October. No response until November, then December, but he said he was too busy. That was the last communication from him. If bike storage is your business I would think vertical delivery would be a priority, or you make it right.

So, I'm just trying to get reimbursed for the damage he caused and put this nightmare behind me. I only came to GTAM as a 2nd last resort. Can't wait to hear the other side.

You're wasting your time. Just go see a lawyer and issue a demand letter, then off to small claims court. Track all your expenses and make sure you include those as well in the claim.

As for the call him rather than e-mail, when it comes to situations like this, you need a paper trail. Can't prove anything with a phone call. Documented admission of guilt will result in compensation. Make sure you add in your expense for stress and mental anguish. That'll wake his *** up in a hurry.

If you want a solution I'm with the guy above and think it's time for a lawyer/small claims court. Almost a year later is way to long for the business owner to take care of the issue. In the future I'd recommend getting things taken care of right away instead of trying to be a good guy and let them fix it later.

This should've taken no longer then a week to make right.

I pity those who live in condos/apts/vans down by the river who need to store their bikes some place other than where they live.
I couldn't do it.
I wonder if with all the GTAM networking there seems to be why it wouldn't be possible for those with a little extra garage space to help out the riders without.
I've done it. 'Stored my buddies VTX1300 one winter while he was getting divorced and between houses.
Another buddy just bought a new FS800GS today (Shout out to Steve at Budd's in Oakville)... He's going to be in a similar situation, short of space so... I said for three Tim Horton's coffees he can park his bike at my place for the winter.
For all the rider solidarity there's supposed to be...

Back
Top Bottom