Winter storage nightmare | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Winter storage nightmare

Rust where? There’s not exactly bare metal anywhere on a motorcycle that would rust in a days exposure before it’s moved back inside and would dry out naturally again.

Rust where? There’s not exactly bare metal anywhere on a motorcycle that would rust in a days exposure before it’s moved back inside and would dry out naturally again.
It builds up. Inside the heads of allen bolts is common. A drop of water in there has real trouble drying out. Non-anodized aluminum gets crusty with repeated exposure, etc. Doesn't bother me as I buy them to ride them but some people want everything perfect.

I generally agree with what PrivatePilot and GreyGhost are saying about rust, but just saying that I learned that not all bikes are built the same when I saw my GS500 rust practically in real time

I owned one briefly because the utilitarian simplicity of it always appealed to me. Unfortunately, it wasn't that much fun to ride (though fixing the factory jetting may have made a difference there)

The dealer I am talking about pushes bikes out in the winter as well. Whether these are bikes that are in for service I don't know but it seems like a lot of Bikes. Personally I keep my bikes pristine and always stored inside. If I do ride in the rain (which is inevitable) I always dry it off when I get home.

Pretty sure I know what dealer you’re talking about, but they only do that in the summer AFAIK. Winter storage bikes don’t move.

I’ve still seem people freak out about their bike being “left out in the rain” or whatever at a dealership / shop, but these people don’t seem to understand that motorcycles are designed to get wet.
Who are the morons who pay to have their bikes in storage for Summer? LOL :ROFLMAO:

The dealer I am talking about pushes bikes out in the winter as well. Whether these are bikes that are in for service I don't know but it seems like a lot of Bikes. Personally I keep my bikes pristine and always stored inside. If I do ride in the rain (which is inevitable) I always dry it off when I get home.

Out of curiosity what is your drying method? Cloth? Blower?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Out of curiosity what is your drying method? Cloth? Blower?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

ymzr1qipikhq7avooshf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom