Why would you park like this - not cool! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why would you park like this - not cool!

Thats a ****** move! You should have knocked it over! lol

Rides a BMW. They are better than the rest of us.

I don't wish a knocked over bike on anyone but I do hope he gets double parked so he cant get it with out a 100 point turn.

At least it is legal.

It bugs me when I see a row of bikes all parked perpendicular to the curb.
Not only is it illegal, but your front wheel sticks way out into the part of the lane that people should be driving in.

I park at roughly a 45degree angle to the curb. It keeps my bike to the same width as the parked cars, more or less, and won't get me a ticket.

At least it is legal.

Not only is it illegal, but your front wheel sticks way out into the part of the lane that people should be driving in.

I park at roughly a 45degree angle to the curb. It keeps my bike to the same width as the parked cars, more or less, and won't get me a ticket.

Yes but imagine those same row of bikes parked like this guy?

At least it is legal.

I park the same on an angle as if you do park parallel to the curb you are risking getting side swiped much more then if you park on an angle due to not being as visible.

Yes but imagine those same row of bikes parked like this guy?
Agreed, totally. I'm not advocating his parking style, just saying it is legal (even if it reminds me of the muscle car guys who feel the need to take up two parking spaces).

I wanted to make the point, though, that what seems to be the customary way of parking a bike in the city, is actually illegal and unsafe for your bike and other motorists.

Dude/Dudette may think you guys are all parking illegally.

Sometimes ppl just don't know.

i believe that the guy could be ticketed for improper parking

i believe that the guy could be ticketed for improper parking
I don't think that's illegal, parking is to be done at no more than degrees 60 from the curb, that one is pretty close to zero degrees from the curb.

Nope, it's legal. You can't park at an angle of more than 60 degrees, to the curb, and he's parked at essentially zero degrees.

I've always wondered. Do parking enforcement carry protractors with them? Has anyone been ticketed for being close? I never see anyone post here complaining about a ticket like that and I see a lot of riders who really push the line when parking.

I've always wondered. Do parking enforcement carry protractors with them? Has anyone been ticketed for being close? I never see anyone post here complaining about a ticket like that and I see a lot of riders who really push the line when parking.

I don't think that they care all that much, unless you're parked straight out into a traffic lane. One of those issues where unless someone complains, there won't be a ticket.

Write an anonymous note asking him not to do it. If you want to annoy the guy, write it on a yellow note so he thinks it's a ticket at first glance. ;)

Back
Top Bottom