why do the gta mods allow this to take place? | GTAMotorcycle.com

why do the gta mods allow this to take place?

freedomfighter

so many times i see adds in the bikes for sale. and in the add it says bill of sale only.
now let see an 2010 gsxr track bike or stunter bike with no ownership...
why dont they just call it what it is. a stolen bike and trying to pawn it off for a profit.
in 21 years of racing i have only see a hand full of full factory bikes with no vin on them.
and usualy they were crushed by the factory at the end of the year.
those add should be forwarded to the local cop shop and maybe some the gta member would get their stolen bikes back.

I believe it is possible to buy a motorcycle from a dealer and never register it with the MTO, therefor no title.
This is for bikes that aren't intended to see public streets, ever.

I believe it is possible to buy a motorcycle from a dealer and never register it with the MTO, therefor no title.

+1 one of my bikes has never been registered. It was purchased from Suzuki with a bill of sale and has a VIN.

Another one was an insurance write-off, purchased with a bill of sale and is now a track bike. No point in registering it as it will never see the street again.

Except you get the MSO. Which is passed on to the next owner

so many times i see adds in the bikes for sale. and in the add it says bill of sale only.
why dont they just call it what it is. a stolen bike and trying to pawn it off for a profit.
in 21 years of racing i have only see a hand full of full factory bikes with no vin on them.
those add should be forwarded to the local cop shop and maybe some the gta member would get their stolen bikes back.

when you buy a bike with no ownership you check the vin to see if it's stolen.. Unless it's built with a blank frame you can buy from any dealership. How do you handle those?

2 of my past bikes had no ownership. both track bikes. just b/c a bike has no title, does not mean it was stolen.

Many bikes with cosmetic only damage are written off as "unrepairable" by insurance companies.
Still good for track.
And since when do forum mods investigate every ones stuff for sale to make sure it's a good deal? :lol:

If it has no VIN then you shouldn't be buying it without investigating it thoroughly first. If it has a VIN then it's easy to check. I'd sell my track bike with a Bill of Sale only. Or should I just hand it over to the OPP and hand myself in at the nearest nick?

Sometimes the buyers are as bad as the sellers. They know what they are buying but don't care. And it's the buyers who keep the market alive.

My Ducati was never registered for the street.I have the original import document from Italy.The bike was built for track use by the dealer and then sold as a retired racebike.This happens quite often.
To answer why the mods don't look into this kind of thing is easy.We have jobs,and moderate in our spare time.Police work is for the police.

Here's an idea - if you're so concerned about the issue, why don't YOU forward all these suspect ads to the police?

My one race bike I got from the states, no ownership but proof of salvage status(or something similar, I forget what exactly it was called) with insurance company and state...matching the VIN. I also had the import document. I also own a MX bike that had no ownership because it was never registered by the original owner. (I checked with MTO)

TL;DR cool story bro. Get a clue.

James
You should march right down to Peel HQ and get on this NOW!

Some people just have to much time on their hands to piss and moan about anything ..

+1 one of my bikes has never been registered. It was purchased from Suzuki with a bill of sale and has a VIN.

Another one was an insurance write-off, purchased with a bill of sale and is now a track bike. No point in registering it as it will never see the street again.
an insurance write off is a slavage bike it will have a title i have 3 of them.

when you buy a bike with no ownership you check the vin to see if it's stolen.. Unless it's built with a blank frame you can buy from any dealership. How do you handle those?
ok so your driving your pick up truck with your bike in the bed cop pulls you over to check the oner ship. and you say well i have this bill of sale from john smith but no vin on the bike.....well let me know how that works out for you.

And since when do forum mods investigate every ones stuff for sale to make sure it's a good deal? :lol:

Thank you Agave!

And to my knowledge none of the mods are cops... Plus you try to explain it to a cop...

"So I saw this bike for sale on a forum. Its got no title so I think its stolen..."

Back
Top Bottom